Peter Beardsley: Former Newcastle United coach suspended from football

At the time of his suspension from Newcastle there was talk of him being interviewed for the Carlisle managers job.

The joke at the time was the (very old school) Carlisle board thought they were complying with the Rooney rule by interviewing a candidate suspended for racism.

One of the greatest players I will ever see live just a shame he had a fondness for that lot.

"Monkey" and The ex-Liverpool and Everton star also made a joke claiming a black player “should be used to that” while the squad were attending a Go Ape team building session. Not sure Beardsley is racist but I am absolutely sure he's a village idiot if he finds humour in these comments.

Not sure he's a racist after he calls black players monkeys and jokes about them climbing trees? What would he need to say for you to be sure he was?

The stupid ugly bastard was actually surprised at the verdict, he called black players monkeys and referenced them climbing trees.

Jesus f.uckin Christ.

There have been rumours and inuendo for years, and I believe there is no accident to this, but Peter Beardsley and Arlene Foster have never been pictured together.

Just sayin' like.:eek:

FBS

Reactions: jtc
Not sure he's a racist after he calls black players monkeys and jokes about them climbing trees? What would he need to say for you to be sure he was?

Given his track record for bringing through young black players who worshipped him I don't think Ron Atkinson is a racist.

I just think he's a bit dense.

Genuinely can’t believe this post.

Newcastle held a thorough investigation and sacked him, the FA have done the same and banned him.

Yet J Dawgis questioning if he was even racist? Wow.

I think he's asking what exactly did he say?

Given his track record for bringing through young black players who worshipped him I don't think Ron Atkinson is a racist.

I just think he's a bit dense.

You can be racist and still able to realise that black players are not bad footballers and thus not picking them is a bad career move.

You can be racist and still able to realise that black players are not bad footballers and thus not picking them is a bad career move.

Nope this was the late seventies and English football and football supporters were racist as phuck. The Liverpool clubs were noted for it. Big Ron stuffed his team with young black talent and not a phuck was given. Cunningham and Regis worshipped the man.

Reactions: jtc
Nope this was the late seventies and English football and football supporters were racist as phuck. The Liverpool clubs were noted for it. Big Ron stuffed his team with young black talent and not a phuck was given. Cunningham and Regis worshipped the man.

"He's what is known in some schools as a f**king lazy thick n****r."

That's what Atkinson said.

To be a racist you must show intent imo , was Gazza a racist when he got done for cracking a joke about the black doorman, no is the answer but he got found guilty. Beardsley is guilty of poor insensitive patter imo. I'd need to know him to say he's racist .

To be a racist you must show intent imo , was Gazza a racist when he got done for cracking a joke about the black doorman, no is the answer but he got found guilty. Beardsley is guilty of poor insensitive patter imo. I'd need to know him to say he's racist .
I agree.
I'm sure with things I may say or laugh at I'd be classed as racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist and probably a few others as well. I would argue against but the rules have shifted.

Genuinely can’t believe this post.

Newcastle held a thorough investigation and sacked him, the FA have done the same and banned him.

Yet J Dawgis questioning if he was even racist? Wow.

If someone from Newcastle’s executive team told me the sky was blue, I’d pop outside to double check.

Back