Peter Crouch retires

11huistra11

After a lot of deliberation this summer I have decided to retire from football !
Our wonderful game has given me everything.
I’m so thankful to everyone who helped me get there and to help me stay there for so long. X

If you told me at 17 I’d play in World Cups , get to a champions league final , win the Fa cup and get 100 @premierleague goals I
would have avoided you at all costs.
It’s been an absolute dream come true

What a wonderfully underrated player the big fella was. Would have loved him at Ibrox at some stage of his career

bilkobear

What a wonderfully underrated player the big fella was. Would have loved him at Ibrox at some stage of his career
I saw this lad in his debut season at QPR.
I remember predicting if he could learn to head a football that he would go on to play for England.
He did and I was right.

The skill was there and it was unusual given his height and shape, but he actually didn't know how to use his advantages in addressing a football in the air.
Obviously, QPR sorted this out and the rest became history.

sw26

Cracking player and seems like a really sound guy as well. Wasn’t exactly prolific but was one of those players who had a knack for popping up with big goals in big games.

He’s someone I would actually want to see go into the punditry game, doesn’t take himself too seriously and has a bit of personality about him.

dougiem

Was fantastic footballer and 1 of the best headers of a ball hopefully he becomes a punditt on talksport and takes the w..ker jim sh..es job:))

A man who truly made the best of the talent he had. If only we could all say that. Constantly under rated by everyone but team mates and coaches. Probably tells a story of who he is as a man and was as a player.