Peter Grant : Ive never been a big fan of Morelos

969F3D5F-C693-4BB9-BF7C-E974E4E09A55.jpg

My abiding memory of Peter the Pointer is him collapsing to his knees as we got the equaliser in the 2-2 game (Oct 87’).

The chant aimed at Peter grant in the 80s was funny at the time.

Would never be allowed in 2022.

No interest in this losers opinion on anything.

It’s always good to use basic facts to show folk up who talk pish.

Morelos has averaged a goal every 2 games in his career.

He is also the 3rd top goal scorer of all time in the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

And if you want to compare our strikers with theirs, then Morelos (26yo) has scored approximately the same number of career goals as Kyogo (27) and Giakoumakis (27) combined, in just over the same number of games as them. He also has a better goals to games ratio than either.

Grant is talking pish but Morelos does need to improve his goal scoring record in the league -11 last season and 12 in each of the previous two seasons before that.

What is it with them and Morelos? Honestly, it's like they cant help themselves at times. Having had the displeasure of talking football with them over the years, every single one of them brings up Morelos and tries to belittle or downplay how good he is. It's utterly bizarre. They cant talk about his temperament anymore, so they've moved on to talking about his finishing. It's just weird. I'd get it if he didn't score goals at all, but he does, usually important ones too.

If shoe was on other foot, questions would start to be asked about the reasoning for their unilateral hatred of Alfie.

It is mental to expend so much energy on someone you claim is irrelevant.

He doesn't even have his info correct. Alfie's season where he had his best goal tally and more discipline issues was 2019/2020, not last season.

A lot of words to say, Grant is an idiot.

Btw, I swear the more Scottish football and everyone else hates on Morelos the more I love him. I’m really struggling to think of the last player we had who managed to get to our enemies with such ease, Novo maybe?

The best bit is you barely hear Alfie speak a word and yet he still lives in their previously empty heads rent free.
Perfect the wee man is driving them crazy without saying a word just rubs salt in the wounds

I’m sure he’ll be gutted to hear that from a guy who has been punted by the likes of Alloa and Dunfermline.
When he's been punted from Alloa, owned by a bitter fc_uk every bit as bitter as him, then you know there's a slide in the talented managerial ratings when it comes to Grant.

Maybe he thinks a few nice words said about Andy Goram gets him a shot on the slots.

It doesn't.

However, why is he even getting a chance to discuss Alfie in the first place?

I bet Alfie hasn’t even head of Peter the pointer and doesn’t care one bit what the opinion of him are

Just as well no one gives a single care what you think then isn’t it

Why do the media constantly wheel out these absolute has beens and no marks for their opinions

Who’s next?

Willo Flood believes Alex Lowry will never make it

Enrico Anonni thinks VAR won’t be a success

Cha Du Rei doesn’t rate Goldson

Scottish football in a nutshell. Dismiss a player who has been sensational in Europe. Talk up a separate entity fc player. Example;

Morelos is worth £5 million.
Turnbull is worth £45 million because he lasted for 75 minutes against Alloa. World class.

How I wish the season was starting. Sick of the ridiculous figures in football here and their stupid opinions.

We really can't take a pop a grant when there is a good few posters on here who share his views.

Peter Grant who was at Celtic for 15 years and won the league twice?

That Peter Grant?

I’m sure Alfie will be devastated at the news.

It’s only fans of other clubs that hate/don’t rate him and tells you all you need to know.
F.uck off Peter Pointer.
We all think Morelos is great.
How many concrete bids have come in for him? There is another thread on here asking why no English team has come in for him. Maybe coaches / managers who are detached from Rangers look at Morelos and see it differently? otherwise the bids wuld be rolling in one after the other.

But a tim doesnt rate him so lets get raging!

Big fan of Grant as a player
He was basically a man down for them but kept getting picked because he "got it"
So pish that despite being at Celtic for about 15 years they only got him into the Scotland team twice
It is however a truism that you don't have to have be a great player to be a great manager
However he has proven that if anything he is even more pish as a manager
I can't see Gio, or indeed any club, tapping into the refuse bin that is his brain for any advice on signings or tactics
But the Scottish media will keep giving him a job as if he is somehow relevant

Btw, I swear the more Scottish football and everyone else hates on Morelos the more I love him. I’m really struggling to think of the last player we had who managed to get to our enemies with such ease, Novo maybe?

The best bit is you barely hear Alfie speak a word and yet he still lives in their previously empty heads rent free.
Alfie obviously the better player but he shares the gallus streak with Novo that they absolutely detest. Both of them know how to treat their rancid players and club

Back