Peter Grant On Graeme Souness

Is the mad monk lying?

• Yes

Votes: 346 95.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it’s 100% true in Peters mind, after all he wouldn’t want to go to the burning fire would he ?

Within reason- I can normally keep an open mind on most individuals & often give the benefit of the doubt to anyone until I know otherwise

Well Grunt is an exception - I disliked him from the moment I saw him in grey & green rags & to be fair (why should I ?) he's proved me right - & then some - ever since

How Eck could ever even be in the same room as him - let alone employ him - is beyond me

Grunt is absolute tosser of the highest order imo -

Grant is a f*cking fantasist. Haven't watched the interview, and won't, but it will be littered with lies.

Souness had no respect for him, or for the mhanky mhob as a whole. Signing Johnston proved that, probably still the biggest GIRFUY ever.

There was a story that when McNeil was manager, he was about to send Grant on.
He told him to nobble Souness.

"But I'll get sent off."

"Don't worry. They'll miss him more than we'll miss you!"

Seems to be endless jackanory going on in these open goal interviews.

Scott McDonald called out Craig Beattie for similar on twitter the other week. Something to do with his version of events after Helicopter Sunday.

Roll up roll up, whose next to spout a lot of shite and lies, Grant, boyd or Paul Elliott all the the jolly craicsters? Second class wasters, look at me, do you know who I played for.
Wish a had been famous.

Dont make me laugh

It would be like Mike Tyson versus Charles Hawtrey

Souness would have swatted him away like a fly and he would have to be peeled off the pitch

Total lies from the mad monk.

Is this the same anti sectarian Perter Grant that said he was glad to get out of Scotland to get away from it all?

Is this the same Peter Grant that ran to the Rangers fans, got down on his knees and gave the sign of the cross several times, when Rangers scored an own goal in the nine men 2-2 draw?

Didny happen ya fantasising bawbag. “Look at me, I was worthy of Souness’s recognition”. Like fuuk you were.

They deal in fantasy realms probably to hide from the grim reality of what they're all hiding from. Common for people who have been involved in traumatic situations...

I believe what was actually said was something along the lines of
'You're lucky it's you Peter, you're ugly enough already'

Souness has said that he knew Ally had the skill but lacked the work ethic to be as good as he could, GS made him realise just what he had to do and Ally responded to the challenge, good management imho Mate.
This 100%, take a trawl back through the memories...it was around this time that Ally was going to the races, not long after getting into a wee spot of bother with Durrant in EK, plus the other stuff that GS would have been aware of but didn't make newspapers. Ally needed to mature a bit and concentrate more on his craft, I believe GS went a long way to creating the Super Ally of 1990 onwards.

A fucker like Grant would be no more of an annoyance to Souness than an insect. He would have been crushed if he offered any resistance whatsoever.

Obsessed horrible lemon sucking faced mentally challenged making up stories and telling lies regarding Rangers players to gain a bit of publicity.What a shock. Lies,lies and lies.It's the septic way.

Souness looked over his shoulder and thought to himself it's not worth the bother swatting this mhanky gnat.

I think he's right to a certain extent that Souness would respect you if you gave it out and took it back without crying like a kid. However, there is no way this actually happened in the game.

He doesn’t half talk some shite.
1. Supporters buses turning up at Love Street AFTER they’d won the league. Nae bother Peter
2. 80,000 at the midden to see them win a league. Nonsense.
3. Other teams fans used to go and watch them cos they were so good. Pish.
After that I gave up. Peter Grant always was and always will be a tadger.

Peter Grant stood behind me in a line at an ATM once and I didn't elbow him in the face either. I was Souness-esque in my restraint.

Regarding his time as a coach under Mowbray he said that a ref phoned Sellick after a defeat to Rangers and apoligised for not giving them 3 penalties

I dont remember this - if it did happen they would still be casting it up and surely would have been a media shitstorm which again i dont remember

"The Celtic supporters would never let their club die or find themselves in the situation other clubs found themselves in, the fans would just not have let that happen"

Aye, that's just misty eyed, romanticised pish Pedro. If McCann hadnt came in you were phukked and you know it. The bunnet saved your rancid club whilst clowns like McGlone stood on the sidelines helpless.

He doesn’t half talk some shite.
1. Supporters buses turning up at Love Street AFTER they’d won the league. Nae bother Peter
2. 80,000 at the midden to see them win a league. Nonsense.
3. Other teams fans used to go and watch them cos they were so good. Pish.
After that I gave up. Peter Grant always was and always will be a tadger.
all of the above!! The most archetypal mentally challenged to this date, ridiculous lady's front bottom. One thing I see missing in the thread is that he was a f#cking awful player. They had Peter Grant, Anton Rogan, Owen Archdeacon, Lex Bailly- but no, it was the refs that beat them

Grant was actually getting slapped about by his wife at this time (she was from a ‘well known’ Coatbridge family) so would be understandably nervous at getting a dig from the Magnificent Bastard.

Derek Ferguson punched Peter Grunt in the face at Ibrox, and he did nothing, he shat it. Souness would have put him in hospital.

Souness wouldn't have had a fucking clue who that no-mark was, never mind shown him respect.

He was a dreadful player who was only adored by the puddle drinkers because he blessed himself when Butcher scored an own goal. Lying prick.

Souness could have eaten him if he wanted.

"Lucky it was you, Peter." indeed.

Gutted i was too young to see Souness play for us.

Mega staunch points for his lunging tackles on everone and anyone.

As for Grant... A thaig... lying? Never.

Souness wouldn't have had a fucking clue who that no-mark was, never mind shown him respect.

He was a dreadful player who was only adored by the puddle drinkers because he blessed himself when Butcher scored an own goal. Lying prick.

Souness could have eaten him if he wanted.

"Lucky it was you, Peter." indeed.
Exactly this. Peter Pointer was a shit football player.

Cringeworthy listen and I think Si Ferry would’ve thought the same during the interview. Had to turn it off it was so bad

Grunt is your atypical tim, aw aboot ra sellik n how they’re so amazing, best fans in the world etc

A very sh!te player in a very sh!te team

As if Souness would have respected that skidmark as has been said, it was all about mind games, you had one eye expecting to be clattered and when that didn’t come he had beaten you because he’d thrown you off your game.

A proper football hard man not like some of the plastic hard men in the game today

Exactly that. Grants put the brakes on to save getting clattered and Souness pulls away now three steps ahead of him. Any exchange of words likely came at the next corner or stoppage in play, if they came at all.

The Grant interview is one of the reasons ive stopped watching the Si Ferry stuff. When he has an old mentally challenged, he really goes into full poet mode and the place is phucking wonderland where everyone is a legend and everyone a star and all this whilst weans arses were getting tanned. Not for me.

Watched most of the interview with Si Ferry as i tend to do and he was spouting shite about Celtic supporters not letting their club die. One of the most bitter out there.

This was all back in the day when a hard tackle was deemed an acceptable part of the game and not like todays game for overpaid actors. As for McCoist i think Souness was actually jealous of McCoists popularity and standing with the fans and wanted to put him in his place. McCoist showed a huge amount of mental strength to come through that period of his career.
there's going in hard for a tackle and then there's a graeme souness video tackle.

Back