Peter Lawwell lands vital Euro role as Celtic chief joins four-man Champions League revamp panel

We could benefit from Lawwells 'unexpected consequencies' of getting Celtc fewer qualifiers assuming we win the league

4 man panel?

This'll be the other three then...

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+Evil+Speak+No+Evil+Body+Language+Nonverbal+Communication+Expert+Expert+Speaker+Speaker+Dr+Jack+Brown+Dr+Jack+Brown+Las+Vegas+Southern+California.jpg

4 man panel ? If it doesn't involve the big english , Spanish, German and Italian teams it is solving or proposing nothing
Exactly mate. The final word will be with the tv companies.
Unless lawell exagerates our population by about 40 million,which may be a lie, even too much for him,I think he'll be sent packing with a flea in his ear.

4 man panel ? If it doesn't involve the big english , Spanish, German and Italian teams it is solving or proposing nothing
Absolutely correct .. Does anyone think for one minute that no representatives from England , Spain ,Germany,France and Italy would be standing back allowing a no mark from Scotland to make decisions regarding the future of the Champions league.

Exactly mate. The final word will be with the tv companies.
Unless lawell exagerates our population by about 40 million,which may be a lie, even too much for him,I think he'll be sent packing with a flea in his ear.
Anyone would think there's a PR exercise ongoing to convince their scum fans how important they are,, even if they are papped out the big cup

The leagues of nations with far better coefficients would have something to say if he was trying to get Scotland an automatic place and quite rightly so.

Scottish clubs haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in europe the past 10 years. At least we have an excuse.

Who knows, maybe if they had a different attitude than hating Rangers more than loving their own clubs back in 2012, Scottish clubs might be enjoying a bit more success in Europe.

Guess we'll never know

The team have got to win their league first.
In all seriousness, can even UEFA be as stupid as to reward a club today for something they did fifty odd years ago?

Don't get me wrong, I would not put it past Liewell to try and crowbar prior winning of the old European Cup as criteria for automatic Champions League group entry if the club also win their own domestic League. Let's face it, its going to be either us or them in Scotland and would put us at a great disadvantage. Our big counter to this proposal could be whoever has won the most domestic League titles, us in Scotland, should also be given priority and automatic CL entry.

I actually think this could be to our advantage. Don’t see how he can come up with a scheme to benefit them that we couldn’t qualify for

The power is with the elite clubs. They will decide the future, not some panel. I read somewhere that the may finish with only 4 to qualify from group stages. There have been 22 clubs who have won the trophy. Rules have to be constant so you will not have have previous winners getting automatic entry (do you think Celtic,Forest,Villa,Hamburg, Red Star,Steaua have any pull)

Latest posts

Back