Peter Lawwell lands vital Euro role as Celtic chief joins four-man Champions League revamp panel

I'd put money on the theory of him working his ticket more than anything else.

He can propose wacky nonsense about Celtic getting straight in all he wants, nobody is going to agree with it. They've just been scudded out by a team ranked 288th in the co-efficient table, and that's nothing against what reps from countries like Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium etc would have to say about that happening while their own teams have to qualify.

Laugh at the “won’t be good for us” posts.
What could he possibly do in a revamp of the tournament that wouldn’t be good for Rangers? Because whatever it would be would directly affect his own club as well.

I personally see it as a good thing that he’s there, he’s made it very clear he thinks that the Scottish champions have too many qualifiers, so if there’s less for the champions to go through that’s only good for us, and them.

What could he possibly do in a revamp of the tournament that wouldn’t be good for Rangers? Because whatever it would be would directly affect his own club as well.

I personally see it as a good thing that he’s there, he’s made it very clear he thinks that the Scottish champions have too many qualifiers, so if there’s less for the champions to go through that’s only good for us, and them.

I think one of the proposals from UEFA when they were talking about the Europa League 2, was for teams that have won the European Cup or Champions League to get direct entry to group stage. That’s the only thing I can see that would affect us, but I doubt that would happen anyway.

So it seems like he's going for qualification based on club coefficient. Imagine having the cheek to submit that after you got put out in the 3rd qualification round to a team ranked in the 280th area

Nothing to worry about ffs.The English ,Spanish,Germans or Italians for that matter won’t be dictated by the likes of Lawell n co.

With things are they are, this couldn't happened at a better time for that lot. Whilst they fester and whine in their indignation and refusal to accept being beaten, bleating about needing cash spent, he's lining up more progress for himself.

I like the analogy of getting told you're getting laid off for Christmas owing to financial problems and finding out the directors have awarded themselves Teslas for their annual bonus. :D

It is just another strategy board, representations from Spain, England, Holland and Scotland.

Designed to convince / appease the masses that UEFA care about the game, in reality all they give a f*** about is media rights and money.

Obviously UEFA aren't aware of the little problem about the peado posse strange given the first ( of many) compensation payment has been paid, just more proof how much of a strangle hold of the SFA Liewell and co have

I think one of the proposals from UEFA when they were talking about the Europa League 2, was for teams that have won the European Cup or Champions League to get direct entry to group stage. That’s the only thing I can see that would affect us, but I doubt that would happen anyway.

That would be hugely unpopular and make it even more unfair than it is now.

Sinister as fk. Talk about a Papal conclave. We should be building alliances with the Protestant countries because you know those 19th Century Terrorist bastards have been sucking catholic boaby.

This sounds like the most irrelevant panel ever. These four won't decide the fate of Europe's biggest clubs.

This troubles me. I see Ajax have a rep there as well. They are not happy to play qualifiers either. I can see them and Lawell pushing for previous winners getting straight in when they are champions of that league. There would be support for this is Serbia for example as well as Romania etc. That would be bad for us. I would bet my life that will be his agenda

Anyone seen an official statement from uefa on this committee and its purpose , surely it has to be on www somewhere ?

This troubles me. I see Ajax have a rep there as well. They are not happy to play qualifiers either. I can see them and Lawell pushing for previous winners getting straight in when they are champions of that league. There would be support for this is Serbia for example as well as Romania etc. That would be bad for us. I would bet my life that will be his agenda
He can push for all he wants. His club just disgraced themselves against a pub team. He's got no credibility when it comes to them getting straight into the group stage.

They want entry point to the Champions League to be determined by club coefficient points and not dependent on what country you are from.

He can push for all he wants. His club just disgraced themselves against a pub team. He's got no credibility when it comes to them getting straight into the group stage.

But he may have powerful allies who buy into it. Like the Dutch and the Serbians.

Great, this'll be FF's new "they'll move from Hampden and the piggery will be the new national stadium" conspiracy theory.

He'll need more powerful allies than the Dutch and Serbians to implement any change.

How many countries outside the top 5 have previous winners ? Would it be Scotland, Holland , Serbia and Romania? Any others ? I'm not saying it will happen and it prob wont. But he will be pushing for that

How many countries outside the top 5 have previous winners ? Would it be Scotland, Holland , Serbia and Romania? Any others ? I'm not saying it will happen and it prob wont. But he will be pushing for that
That was then. I get where you're coming from but the big clubs call the shots. This is just an appeasement.

It can only work for countries that have won it, and even then, it just adds to the expansion of the cartel dictatorship of the Champions League. So if what I'm reading is correct, then the champions of Scotland go straight into European football's elite competition? I don't think that's what Liewell is intending. And as for the rest of the clubs in Europe, they can be consigned to the rubbish bin, so much for the beautiful game!

The thing that concerns me is that the mere fact he's in those UEFA circles means he could be hob nobbing with folks handing out punishments. We've already seen the disparity of fines between us & them over the years as it is.

I agree with other posters, he's feathering his nest when the shit hits the fan at Paedodise. Nice earner if you can get it, all expenses and trips round Europe. Plus the chance to protect the Paedos back.

Given this sleazy bastard’s track record we should be demanding exactly how the selection process for this panel was decided..........
“only in ra interest of transparency inawerat ye unerstawn”.....
Seriously though am I misreading the situation or has this baw faced (unt anything tangible to offer said panel by way of experience? Anything toad features gets involved in is for the sole benefit of one club only as he’s proven time and again. That in itself is reason enough to lodge a legitimate complaint with EUFA regards his appointment.

their fans are turning against him now , doesnt matter what he does to be fair
Their fans are f.ucking scum, any supporter who understands what has went on at that club, and still attends on a weekly basis, have no shame, morals or decency.

Let me guess, if you've previously won the EC, you'll get automatic entry if you win your league....
I would say they are angling to get direct entry regardless of winning the league or not.

This is not good news for us.

Every time we feel we have turned a corner, some shit like this happens.

Why is he involved? He is CEO of some bystander, not a significant club.

Our CEO should be there or thereabouts considering we were one of the founding clubs of the Champions League
I only found out about the stars on the ball recently I felt daft but you bring a great point to the table.
It makes sense to have the teams who created the competition to deal with it.

How the %^*& do people even associate with the paedos
It's the same with referees. They've been getting accused of cheating year after year after year by the mentally challengeds yet still give them all the decisions. It's f*****g weird.

Let me guess, if you've previously won the EC, you'll get automatic entry if you win your league....
Agree with this but ffs fir something that happened over 50 years ago there really should be fűcj all justification for this to any right thinking person.

Back