Peter Lorimer

Noticed a couple years ago he had stopped travelling away to Leeds games;(both he and Eddie Gray you were nailed on to meet if Leeds were in town; PL was a club ambassador, and EG worked for Radio Aire iirc).
The guy has signed a fair few things from Scotland games back in the day for me..... they`re treasured items, and it`s such sad news to hear...
A super player, and every time I`ve met him; a really nice guy.

Sad news. A top professional in his day and the hardest striker on a ball in the Old first division.

I think it was him who struck s shot ,
It went off target and into the crowd hitting somebody in the crowd and knocking him out cold.

Sad news for his family. Met him when he ran a pub in Leeds thirty or so years ago. A perfect host.

Just recently watched Barcelona v Leeds 1975 EC semi final. PL scored. Cruyff and Neesken playing for Barca. Good luck Peter you were joy to watch growing up.

Just knew it wasn't going to be good news when I seen this thread, so sad for a player I grew up with, remember him as part of the great Leeds team of the early 70's.

Also playing for Scotland in the 1974 WC and home internationals, infact I think he scored against Zaire, when we thought 2-0 was a decent result !

I guess this is part of getting old myself when football icons of my youth are passing away.

Hot Shot Lorimer for sure.

This is very sad. Leeds were my English team 60s and 70s. They could play and they could fight, whichever you wanted. Lorimer was a key part of that team.

This is such sad news Peter Lorimer was a favourite of mine as a kid, even though he had been sent off in my first visit to Hampden when Scotland played Denmark in a world cup qualifier back in 1972.
What a shot and a great player for Scotland and Leeds United.

Back