Petrol & Diesel Cars to be Phased out in Scotland by 2032.

Agent P

Nicola Sturgeon's big new plan.

Eight years ahead of the rest of the UK.

What will happen to cross border traffic?

Will those pesky Englanders with petrol cars get turned away at the border?

What a fucking stupid idea again from the stupid bottom burp that is Nikla.

All it will do is send people across the border to buy their cars. There is no way that the technology for rapid recharging of electric / hybrid cars will be ready and available around all parts of the country in time for 2032. Think how vast and unpopulated huge expanses of Scotland are.

We need to get these loons out of office asap.

Hopefully 4 years from now it will have f### all to do with her or her cronies.

Nicola Sturgeon's big new plan.

Eight years ahead of the rest of the UK.

What will happen to cross border traffic?

Will those pesky Englanders with petrol cars get turned away at the border?

You may jest. However, if we lorna and the rest of the neo- Nats get they're way they would .

Unlikely given the lunatic element are boycotting Tunnocks

In light of the Tunnocks situation we'll simply have a formal teacake union

Or simply have a solely Scottish teacake, pegged to the price to snowballs.

OK.........so, going all lecky motors...............

Oil is useless then? And SNP are anti-nuclear (at the moment anyway).

What about tax from petrol and diesel? That is a LOT of money! How are the government going to plug that gap? Currently around ÂŁ27.6 Bn

I can understand why they want to do this for environmental reasons. But, it just seems way too far in the future just now.

Better plant some money trees!

Hopefully, the SNP will be phased out long before then.

This. Scotland needs to rid itself of this lot. Policies that are are either petty or simply do not stack up financially. If they are still are around, wind power could be an option.

Well done Nikkla another reason to hate you.

I doubt if I'll still be around by then so to all those this birdbrained idea affects, you have my sympathy.

NUCLEAR!!!

Bairns not plutonium on trains going through Paisley Gilmour Street!! or something.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds with the SNP.

Edf opened a renewables centre in Edinburgh. It employs about 75 folk. Why do you think they have gone to that effort.

Small modular reactors at longannet?

What about tax from petrol and diesel? That is a LOT of money! How are the government going to plug that gap? Currently around ÂŁ27.6 Bn

I can understand why they want to do this for environmental reasons. But, it just seems way too far in the future just now.

They'll just tax car electricity instead.

I'm all for getting away from fossil fuels, its the only think stopping us relocating Saudi Arabia to the moon, but until they sort out battery technology it is just a nonsense.

As Captain Mainwaring would say......."Another typical shabby nazi trick".

Nickla talking about something she will have no actual control over - as she'll be long gone by then...........so, just a soundbite.

Keep her green buddies onside.

Anything to deflect attention away from doing the day job (or not as so happens to be the case with the SNP).

That bint will be out on her arse in a few years along with her party's hopes of governing Scotland any longer.

How are we going to get the elec to charge them, more of those f*cking pointless windmills? :)
The car will have a huge windmill on the roof for automatic charging! she also said education is her priority AGAIN.... so the car thing is never going to happen either. Her only priority is keeping the money rolling into the Sturgeon bank account.

Its what the Nats are good at, banning things. it makes them think they have a policy.

Repairing the damage to the NHS, Police, Education, Pot Holes all costs money, and they have no idea how to raise it.

It's really not that far off technology wise, if you look at how far we have advanced in just a few short years and tbh we do need to be phasing out polluting vehicles. This plan and her timescale are cloud cuckoo land stuff however a small the thing we don't have is the electrical generating capacity and that will take decades to put in place.

Another "big plan" designed to grab headlines but will, again, not have any substance to logistically work.

But hey, go ahead, choose any date you want. It's not like anyone is actually expecting you to, I don't know, keep to your word.

stupid cow, we have 40 vans and minibuses in our family business no chance they will have replaced diesel for commercial vehicles in that time scale, we would go bust trying to replace that number, our vehicles are all euro 6 as it is

Brinkmanship the snp like to come out with the big headlines the rest of the uk states 2040 well say 2032 grab some publicity always about the pr never about substance.
Burnie and the rest of her cast from rab c are incompetents and delusional .

I'm all for getting away from fossil fuels, its the only think stopping us relocating Saudi Arabia to the moon, but until they sort out battery technology it is just a nonsense.

This, Having worked in renewable energies I don't think people realise how much we are still have to go when it comes to battery technology. We had significant issues when installing Tesla Powerwalls and getting them to work at there highest potential.

When we create a more efficient battery the cost goes up. It will take a while until an acceptable efficiency is reached as your only getting roughly 230-285 miles from a charge on Tesla's top model at the moment and then we need to wait on the cost of the tech levelling out. You then have the installation of charging points throughout the country.

If it settles in, let's say, 10 years time that gives us 5 years to get folk over to electric vehicles and that's if your average Joe can afford a new car out the showroom.

Pie in the sky to get changed over 8 years before everyone else.

With the state of the SNP roads by then we will all be on bikes anyway.

Another deusional and diversionary load of rubbish from this lot, who can't fix the roads to start with, can't keep the NHS going, the education system in total disarray and public services now at the point of laughable.

I know, say something to take the plebs minds of all that, tell them we are going to abolish the combustion engine.

This, Having worked in renewable energies I don't think people realise how much we are still have to go when it comes to battery technology. We had significant issues when installing Tesla Powerwalls and getting them to work at there highest potential.

When we create a more efficient battery the cost goes up. It will take a while until an acceptable efficiency is reached as your only getting roughly 230-285 miles from a charge on Tesla's top model at the moment and then we need to wait on the cost of the tech levelling out. You then have the installation of charging points throughout the country.

If it settles in, let's say, 10 years time that gives us 5 years to get folk over to electric vehicles and that's if your average Joe can afford a new car out the showroom.

Pie in the sky to get changed over 8 years before everyone else.

This ..... the battery technology is coming and there is billions being invested in it. But it isn't at a point yet where you can set a date and say we will have it by then, it will be affordable and it will be reliable.

Back