Petrol & Diesel Cars to be Phased out in Scotland by 2032.

Nippy just keeps adding to the reasons why she is a fud, and her party are out on their arses at the next election.

She really is an absolute rocket. Was great seeing trailing along behind the queen yesterday as the kids all siad how amazing it was to see HRH you could see Nikki dying inside

By 2032 we will have had our 23rd Indy Ref, Salmond still visiting the tunnocks factory for his "hit" and sturgeon glossing over the actual things that need to be addressed in the country.. that's if they aren't dead of coarse

I get the feeling that diesel will be gone long before then. In fact I wouldn't have a diesel car even now. There's a real possibility they will be banned from inner cities in the UK in the not too distant future.

She also intends for the state to take ownership of your body with an opt out donor scheme. Par for the course for a party which wants to control every aspect of your life

The SNP won't be around in 2032 to implement this idea anyway.

My understanding of how this is intended to apply in France and the UK is that it's the stopping of production of new petrol or diesel cars. Therefore any petrol or diesel cars already in circulation can continue being used but will, in time, disappear entirely.

There is no way people will be banned from driving petrol or diesel cars.

Great idea Nicola, now, I live in a 4th floor flat, can I get a discount on the 60ft extension cable I'm going to need to hang out the window?

What a muppet.

hqdefault.jpg

One off the biggest earners for our government is the tax on petrol and diesel,where is she going to make up the shortfall.

What a fucking stupid idea again from the stupid bottom burp that is Nikla.

All it will do is send people across the border to buy their cars. There is no way that the technology for rapid recharging of electric / hybrid cars will be ready and available around all parts of the country in time for 2032. Think how vast and unpopulated huge expanses of Scotland are.

We need to get these loons out of office asap.

Its more shite to say better than westminster.

FFs some places cant get broad band or mobile coverage yet, no chance they woll have the infrastructure for charging cars!!

So how is the guy/girl that lives in a 3rd floor flat and has a 100 miles round trip commute to work going to get on after the ban,total nonsense

I love how they always try to out do Westminster.

Bit of a blow to their independence plan anyway if no one is going to use oil in 15 years for transport.

Does anyone out there have even half an idea how much electricity would be needed to power the electric cars? Even just a like for like using today's number of cars and mileage? And therefore how many new wind turbines we'll need to be able to provide this electricity? I say wind turbines as there's no alternative here, what with them aiming to have us being nuclear free...

You boys live in a fucked up country. Even Sinn Fein wouldn't try and pull that shite.

Does anyone out there have even half an idea how much electricity would be needed to power the electric cars? Even just a like for like using today's number of cars and mileage? And therefore how many new wind turbines we'll need to be able to provide this electricity? I say wind turbines as there's no alternative here, what with them aiming to have us being nuclear free...

This was a recent story about energy production from only two turbines which I thought was impressive. Whether we can do it without nuclear is another argument.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-41107521

Another stupid idea to bring it in earlier than is possible. These policies are brought out on a whim knowing full well they won't be around to deliver it . Same as hotshots in business . Consultants anyone ????

I feel sorry for those owning and working in the petrol industry?
What happens to Grangemouth, for example?
Or are we still going to produce oil but for export only?

This was a recent story about energy production from only two turbines which I thought was impressive. Whether we can do it without nuclear is another argument.

Of course we can do without nuclear. Not that long ago it would have been hard to envisage no coal generation but it's coming.

We need baseload generation, if not nuclear or coal we had better hope that gas prices don't go up.

Look forward to driving up north. I'm sure there will be plenty places to charge he car on the way!

Had an interest in tidal for a while, a constant source of renewable energy. As long as there's no issues with marine life then it will be a big source here, as long as they can bring the costs down.

Still doesn't explain how much we'd need for the cars tho!

Unfortunately the media let her spout such nonsense rather than question her on education and the NHS.

We now know why she has so many spin doctors.

Surely after the voter apathy caused by Indy ref 13, resulting in 45 voters bringing about Scottish independence, we will have no need for cars. We will have unicorns. And jet packs and hover boards.

The SNP won't be around in 2032 to implement this idea anyway.

My understanding of how this is intended to apply in France and the UK is that it's the stopping of production of new petrol or diesel cars. Therefore any petrol or diesel cars already in circulation can continue being used but will, in time, disappear entirely.

There is no way people will be banned from driving petrol or diesel cars.

As much as it pains me to defend the SNP on this BlooBlood will be correct here.
  • Existing cars wont be effected.
  • All NEW BUILDS from 2032 will have to be hybrid, similar or full electric.
  • This isn't a sudden switch from petrol and diesel to pure electric over night and everyone has to get a new car
What i will say is that the SNP saying they will do it 8 years before the rest of the UK is just them trying to get one over Westminster and say "look how right-on we are"

I have every faith that Queen Nicola can pull this off.

We were meant to be independent by now. In full control of our country.

The SNP still can't get farmers paid on time.

Aye. She'll nail this one.

And her lapdogs, true to form, are fawning over it. Along with "education being her number 1 priority" that she's been trotting out for a decade.

She's not daft. She won't be out on her arse in 2021. She'll step down before then and allow someone else to take the hit.

I suppose it keeps her wee gay lapdog at the Green Party singing off the same hymn sheet as the SNP

Back