PFA player of the year nominees

Any one of the four could win that, can make a case for all of them. Especially with it being the players vote and all four being a nightmare to play against for various reasons.

Surprised that Goldson is left out but hard to argue with those who have been nominated.

There are loads of options who would fully deserve this.

Players will often pick attacking players for this, not a massive surprise that a centre half has missed out.

So good. Well earned. Goldson could easily have been in, but who would you leave out.

Can't belive a token poet isn't in there.

I did always think it was a toss-up between Kent and Goldson for the 4th spot. Goldson got the 4th spot with the writers and Kent with the players.

McGregor is still winner for me.

No offence to McGregor but I think he is the least deserving of it. He has pulled off some fantastic saves when called upon but there has been plenty games where he hasn't even got the gloves dirty.

No offence to McGregor but I think he is the least deserving of it. He has pulled off some fantastic saves when called upon but there has been plenty games where he hasn't even got the gloves dirty.
Look at our defensive record mate. Has any team ever won the league with less goals conceded? McGregor and the defence did that. Also, some of his saves in matches against the filth were tremendous and probably won us the points in at least 2 of those matches.

It’s hard to split him, Davis and Tav.

I’d pick McGregor myself. There’s probably been half a dozen games where he’s been the difference between a draw/defeat or a win/draw

Given this is voted for ages ago, it confirms what Gerrard said about Kent, that they look at more than just his goals and assist numbers.

He must be a nightmare to play against. Wouldnt surprise me if he won it.

Look at our defensive record mate. Has any team ever won the league with less goals conceded? McGregor and the defence did that. Also, some of his saves in matches against the filth were tremendous and probably won us the points in at least 2 of those matches.

It’s hard to split him, Davis and Tav.

Keep in mind McLaughlin has played about a quarter of the games in the league. Goldson has played every minute of every game which I think makes him more deserving.

Hopefully goes to Kent for selfish reasons that we can ask for more money when it comes to letting him go.

Tav all day long.
Davis has been great, Kent has been superb in spells and McGregor was a virtual spectator for the first 15/20 games

Keep in mind McLaughlin has played about a quarter of the games in the league. Goldson has played every minute of every game which I think makes him more deserving.
You’re looking at it from a fans point of view. Not an opposition players.

McGregor makes memorable saves. The difference between the opposition getting a win or a draw. It’s harder for a defender to have that kind of impact.

Reactions: TQ3

McGregor makes memorable saves. The difference between the opposition getting a win or a draw. It’s harder for a defender to have that kind of impact.

Yeah I'm just talking about POTY in general mate.

Glad our players are getting the recognition regardless.

It really should just be called the Steven Davis of The Year award.

Goldson is my player of the year, surprised he is not on the list.

Cant pick between the 4 on the list, anyone us worthy of the award.

Good point, some strikers must arrive in the box, and then see this growling maddy pull off a save, that they felt certain was in as it left their boot.
Point blank headers, volleys, edge of the box arriving late, freekicks, even penalties, there was no way past him at times.
A very very special mention for that Slavia save! That is the best save I have ever seen! I looked twice at the net to see where the ball went, and then the bold shagger turns round and stands up with it in his hands!! It’s beyond my comprehension how he held that. I still shake my head thinking of it.

I rate McGregor highly, but he has a flaw in not commanding his 6yd box, IMO if he punches of catches the ball in this area he would be better than Goram.

I think it’s a toss-up between Goldson and Kent for a place on the short list. I think McGregor is more deserving of his place on the short list over Goldson. Maybe all 5 could be on it and they could all just share it :)

Looking at the list of winners. Most come from the Champions. Only one Rangers player has won it when rangers haven't been champions. Amoruso in 2001/2. 9 of their players have won it when they haven't been champions - all but 7 when rangers were champions. During our 9 in a row only 5 Rangers players won it.

They could have just given it as a collective award to the team this year.

really surprised Goldson isn’t there though
I’ve came to the conclusion it’s because Kent is up against more players per se.

For example, Hamilton’s 8 man defence are likely to vote for him but not Goldson - as they deal with Kent more.

Back