PFA player of the year nominees

I'd have it as

Goldson:- Our most consistent player and a devensive rock who has played every minute.

or Tavernier:- Captain in a great defense with incredible numbers for goals and assists.

McGregor:- Some incredible, points winning, game changing saves all season long.

Davis:- Fantastic second half of the season for a player his age but tough competition from the previous 3.

Also a little surprised at Goldson, but imagine having Kent run at you for 90 minutes, must be am absolute nightmare

Reactions: TQ3
Goldson incredibly unlucky not to be in there, but it shows the season we've had.

I think Davis will win the players award and McGregor the writers one.

Does anyone know who the oldest ever winner was? Sandy Jardine maybe?

Yep, McGregor has made some big saves and had a good season, but POTY?
there has been some games when his saves have potentially changed the result of the game though

two saves V them in the games at Ibrox, Ross County in December when he made a superb save at 0-0 and we scored almost instantly. There's probably a lot more I could add but that's the three off the top of my head. Obviously we might have still went on to win those games but those saves show why he deserves to be part of talk for POTY

Goldson incredibly unlucky not to be in there, but it shows the season we've had.

I think Davis will win the players award and McGregor the writers one.

Does anyone know who the oldest ever winner was? Sandy Jardine maybe?

Maybe David Weir DH ?

there has been some games when his saves have potentially changed the result of the game though

two saves V them in the games at Ibrox, Ross County in December when he made a superb save at 0-0 and we scored almost instantly. There's probably a lot more I could add but that's the three off the top of my head. Obviously we might have still went on to win those games but those saves show why he deserves to be part of talk for POTY

He's had a great season mate, no question.

I just personally think Tavernier, Goldson and Davis have made even bigger contributions to our season.

All about opinions.

Big Goldson has been player of the season for me.
The four nominees have all been tremendous but Goldson has barely put a foot wrong,has scored vital goals and been a colossal leader on the park in EVERY game.

Reactions: TQ3
Harsh on Goldson, he has been immense every single week and has been a huge factor in our success.

Its just great we have so many players that are genuine contenders. You also have the likes Morelos, Roofe, Aribo, Helander, Barisic, Kamara, Hagi etc who have made huge contributions

Our squad is in great shape

Goldson should 100% be in there.

Not really sure why McGregor is if I'm being totally honest. 2 absolute top drawer saves v them, yes - and the one in Europe - but has he really had that much more to do that's been out of the ordinary?

So tough. Leaning towards Davis... or maybe Tav,,,just don't know.

Out of interest, does the PFA draw up a shortlist (like above) and players vote on that or are these 4 from votes already cast by players?

I can imagine Kent being the one that they talk about most before, during or after games. Must be a bastard to play against and for that reason, I think he will win it

Last edited:
The players award is the big one.

They are on that park opposing our guys, and are the experts, as compared to the SMSM some of whom don’t have a clue about the game.

Well done to Ryan, who’s been amazing, but I’m still hoping Tav & Davis get an award each.

Mental that Goldson’s been omitted when he’s been the most consistently brilliant performer across the entire season.

Still, 4 Rangers players nominated so I can’t have too many complaints.

Back