Phil bardsley

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Just noticed hes on the bench for burnley against the gooners just now.

Whats peoples memories of him with us?

Im sure he came up from man u with lee martin and le guen sent him packing because he tackled too strong in training? I think.

I thought he played more than 5 games for us but thats what wiki says.

Always thought he was a decent player and could have did us a turn back then.

Bizarrely he was the type of players le guen could have been doing with in first season.

Was a good fullback and has had a decent career. Him being sent packing paved the way for the Hutton emergence.

Lee Martin had one incredible game (against Hearts wasn't it?) and then fell off a cliff.

I thought he was a very good full-back.
Flanagan reminds me of him.
Solid tough dependable but not a Tavernier regarding the overlapping side of the game.

His arrogance was the downfall of his career. If he'd applied himself better and listened to Alex Ferguson, he wouldn't have ended up an also ran.

His free kick was v Falkirk btw.

Last edited:
His arrogance was the downfall of his career. If he'd applied himself better and listened to Alex Ferguson, he would have ended up an also ran.

His free kick was v Falkirk btw.

Dont disagree with your comments about his arrogance or fergie but not sure you can really say he was an also ran or talk about the downfall of his career, dont think he was ever going to make it with man u.

He played over 200 games in the epl - no a bad career to be fair:))

Was a good fullback and has had a decent career. Him being sent packing paved the way for the Hutton emergence.

Lee Martin had one incredible game (against Hearts wasn't it?) and then fell off a cliff.

Absolutely ran Robbie Neilson ragged.

He was keeping Hutton out the team. Then Hutton got back in and went on that run of form that got him the move to Spurs. Bardsley did alright for us I'd forgotten all about Lee martin right enough

Lee Martin - now a Midfield enforcer at Exeter.... with Nicky Law o_O

Noticed he scored today and wondered if was the same guy.

Crazy to think he’s played from the start for us at the Scumhut. Not entirely sure of the game but we definitely lost.

Fell out with Le Guen after he cleaned Thomas Buffel out in a tackle during training.

It fell foul of Le Guen's no tackling during training rule and Bardsley told him what he thought of his rule.

Makes you wonder how our defence was soft as shite under him, eh?

Thinking back to that period it’s absolutely insane to think that our manager banned tackling in training.

The game in Scotland is 75% tackling and aggression and 25% skill ffs:))

Noticed he scored today and wondered if was the same guy.

Crazy to think he’s played from the start for us at the Scumhut. Not entirely sure of the game but we definitely lost.
We lost 2-0. Gravesen and Miller scored. I think Martin came on in that game though.

Bardsley went mental in the dressing room at FT because him and Martin had been in the Man Utd reserve squad that came up in the summer and beat Celtc.

Fell out with Le Guen after he cleaned Thomas Buffel out in a tackle during training.

It fell foul of Le Guen's no tackling during training rule and Bardsley told him what he thought of his rule.

Makes you wonder how our defence was soft as shite under him, eh?

I think this no tackling thing has grown arms and legs. He didnt ban it totally it was for certain sessions. He wanted players to stay on their feet and not dive in, like Hemdani.

Just noticed hes on the bench for burnley against the gooners just now.

Whats peoples memories of him with us?

Im sure he came up from man u with lee martin and le guen sent him packing because he tackled too strong in training? I think.

I thought he played more than 5 games for us but thats what wiki says.

Always thought he was a decent player and could have did us a turn back then.

Bizarrely he was the type of players le guen could have been doing with in first season.

Wikipedia only ever shows domestic league fixtures so he will have played a bit more than that. I’d reckon he played 6 or 7 times, definitely wasn’t many.

Met him in Portugal and he was an absolute gentlemen. If I hadn't know him his behaviour wouldn't Have led you to believe he was a footballer

His missus is best pals with SG’s missus.

There were photos kicking around last summer with the four of them at a gig on Ibiza.

Bardsley was very good early on and looked a cracking signing before the fallout with PLG and Martin was a one game wonder notably against Hearts.

Back