Phil Foden

Arguably the most valuable English footballer on the planet right now, mercurial talent

He’s a great player. Hopefully keeps his feet on the ground and doesn’t believe the hype like other English “wonderkids”

Pointed out to my mate how criminally under rated he seemed to be in England in many ways about a year ago. Doesn’t seem to get talked about like other good ‘youngsters’ while clearly being the absolute pick of them. He is sensational.

Think people scoffed or sniggered at Pepe when he described Foden as the most talented player he has ever seen a couple of years back.

Certainly looking like it now

Sure he's on a ridiculously low wage as well, 12k a week
Peps worked with Messi, arguably the greatest footballer of all time.

England just down the road do produce some excellent talent.

He's just another in a long line of fantastic players over the years.

He’s a cracking player, a serious talent but the hypes already went into overdrive and overboard as it typically does. Oohing and aahing over intercepted passes and the like. I don’t get all the “he’ll be the best in the world chat” when a player like Haaland is younger, in a poorer side and already doing more impressive things.

He’s comfortably the most talented British player around though, probably the only one of the younger talents who’ll be world class. England fans must wish they had a manager who could get the best out of him and develop him the way Guardiola does.

Last edited:
He is a player that was promising but clearly needed polished. Guardiola has turned him into what he is. Best English player since the likes of Gerrard and Scholes in my opinion.

He’s world class already. A proper talent. He’ll be the best player England have produced since Gazza shortly.

Think people scoffed or sniggered at Pepe when he described Foden as the most talented player he has ever seen a couple of years back.

Certainly looking like it now

Sure he's on a ridiculously low wage as well, 12k a week
I don't think that's what Guardiola said. " It's a long time since i saw something like this". that's what he was quoted as saying. No doubt though if Foden keeps progressing then he's on the path to be a true great

He’s a cracking player, a serious talent but the hypes already went into overdrive and overboard as it typically does. Oohing and aahing over intercepted passes and the like. I don’t get all the “he’ll be the best in the world chat” when a player like Haaland is younger, in a poorer side and already doing more impressive things.

He’s comfortably the most talented British player around though, probably the only one of the younger talents who’ll be world class. England fans must wish they had a manager who could get the best out of him and develop him the way Guardiola does.
Love this post B-)

Fantastic player

However, dreading the next 15yrs of salivating at every pass from the media

How good is this kid and how much better can he get? His movement and control tonight was superb.

Assuming he continues to improve are we potentially looking at one of the best midfielders England's ever produced?
Their best since Gascoigne.
The player the English built up so many good kids to be, a Gascoigne replacement.
This time, it really is real and they have their new hero.

Brilliant young player who has been handled really well by the club. He reminds me of a young Durrant , playing for the club he loves and a local lad

I don't watch all that much EPL and it was only a few weeks ago I watched some of the England match and this young player absolutely stood out with his movement and touch. I couldn’t believe how slick he was. Learned it was Foden. Have watch bits of him for Man City since and I think the guy is absolutely outstanding

I don’t like City but Foden is outstanding. I’ve not seen that much of him but every time I’ve seen him he’s been the guy to watch.
England have a great squad and I hope Southgate will pick guys like Mount, Sancho, Foden etc over some of the safe picks.

I was going to ignore this but I just can’t.

Haaland has a great scoring record and could possibly be the long term replacement for Aguero but Foden and Haaland were recently on the same pitch! Haaland never got a kick for 180 minutes!!

Putting aside the fact he’s 20 years old. Foden is a standout in arguably the best English team in years

Love watching him, boy has the world at his feet, seems to have his head screwed on as well

He's no Billy Gilmour, that's for sure. :shh:

Also, he needs to stop pulling stupid faces when he does his 'no look' passes.

We apparently tried to get him on loan during Gerrard's first season.

He's an exceptional talent, and all going well should go down as one of England's greatest ever.

He’s exceptional, a genuinely gifted player who seems switched on away from the game.

City and England should be building teams around him, he is that influential.

I love these threads. They always bring out all the See You Jimmy Wearing England Haters :D :D

He's an incredible talent. The best England have produced in a long, long time.

I just love how he's so effective in games. He doesn't showboat or anything, but always has an impact in games by scoring or assisting. His movement, decision making, finishing, touch and awareness are all world class already.

Foden is absolutely flying at the moment and looks unstoppable ... Sterling is falling even faster than Foden is rising and now plays like a caricature of himself..

Back