Phil Foden

Foden and Bellingham might be the best players in the world in their respective positions. I remember seeing Foden when he was making his first few appearances for Man City and thinking he looked like an Iniestia type midfielder that England badly lacked when they had Gerrard/Lampard playing as central midfielders. Wales showed you how far you can go with a solid team and one or two superstars, England are probably closer to winning things than they've ever been in my lifetime with this current group.

I remember when Guardiola was criticised every week for not playing him when he broke through; instead wanting to bed him in gently. Turns out that was another thing (the other being Joe Hart is pish) he was 100% spot on about.

He's been managed terrifically at Man City which has allowed him to flourish.

I remember when Guardiola was criticised every week for not playing him when he broke through; instead wanting to bed him in gently. Turns out that was another thing (the other being Joe Hart is pish) he was 100% spot on about.

Something more of our fans should look at when talking about Lowry

They don't seem to hate each other for starters.

Foden, Saka and Bellingham will get the plaudits but Declan Rice is seriously underrated as a footballer. Brilliant at reading the game.

On their last game there was easily 50 posts saying how crap and overrated he was, lunatics.

Yes, though Foden is on a different level, there’s plenty of parallels in terms of their potential importance to their team.
One is playing at the world cup and the other is struggling in the Lowland League with the b team, last I seen him play anyway, absolutely mental to be comparing them to each other

Foden, Saka and Bellingham will get the plaudits but Declan Rice is seriously underrated as a footballer. Brilliant at reading the game.
He was on the Joe Cole podcast a few weeks ago. Said he loves Rangers, two of his dad's best pals are Rangers men and he always looks out for our results. That and bumping the Irish.

Good guy.

One is playing at the world cup and the other is struggling in the Lowland League with the b team, last I seen him play anyway, absolutely mental to be comparing them to each other
I read it as he was comparing how they were managed given the post he was replying to IE Foden was gently introduced into the first team despite supporters wanting to see much more of him much sooner. Foden is miles ahead of Lowry. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

Foden and Bellingham might be the best players in the world in their respective positions. I remember seeing Foden when he was making his first few appearances for Man City and thinking he looked like an Iniestia type midfielder that England badly lacked when they had Gerrard/Lampard playing as central midfielders. Wales showed you how far you can go with a solid team and one or two superstars, England are probably closer to winning things than they've ever been in my lifetime with this current group.
Gets called the “Stockport Iniestia” by the City fans

More mental you think the poster is comparing them ability wise.

Foden breaking into the Man City team at a young age and lowry trying to break into ours at a young age is the comparison hes making.

Phil Foden is a serious talent and England are so much better when he is in the team. Love watching Foden and Henderson together as they provide a great balance to their midfield. Henderson for his endless energy and running and Foden for his technical ability.

Says a lot for a local boy to break through and cement a place in the starting eleven of a club that can literally buy any player in the world.

Bellingham is better IMO.
My son, who is 24, believes Bellingham is the best player he has seen against Rangers. He seen Torres tear us apart for Liverpool when he was just about to hit his peak

No reason they can't win it. Possibly the best team they've had in about 30 years - they've had other teams with better individual players but not one that functioned as well.

Tbf tho he wasn’t world class at that point and had a few genuine stars like silva and kdb ahead of him

There's a YouTube video of rice doing skills. He is unreal.

England have been so close in the last 2 tournaments and since the last 1 have added, arguably, the 2 best players in the squad this time (foden and Bellingham)

Not many countries doing that

Him, Jude and Declan Rice are superb. I rate Mount too.
Rice has grown into a top class holding midfielder from the semi final of the Euro’s. He was all over the pitch that game, and has improved in all areas since.
Bellingham seems to own the pitch, a real talent with the correct attitude.

As a Scotsman living in England I couldn’t bare them winning it. Would not hear the end of it for the rest of my life. Not worried at all yet can’t wait to see Mbappe running at that defence.

I don't understand why you would want Argentina to win
Embarrassing tranny army ‘anyone but England’ mentality.

Some Scotland fans cant seem to understand that there needs to be two teams hating each other for a rivalry to exist. England and their fans don’t give a flying f*ck what we do.

It’s like Aberdeen thinking that we are their rivals. They don’t even enter our thoughts unless we are playing them.

Back