Phil Neville tearing it up in Miami

I was in Miami the other week, and went and saw them play Orlando SC

The amount of chances that they created with Higuain off the park was ridiculous, bring on a guy who's a natural goalscorer and suddenly the chances are few and far between

What I did find completely strange though was how some of the fans came around, talking to one older guy who lived in Miami, but with no team supported Orlando and had season tickets there - once Miami came into existence, he changed his team and season tickets, and now absolutely hates Orlando...

It was nice to have been back at a full ground and watching "actual" football - but it really was guff

Scored once and conceded thirteen?

Yeah they've got Higuian up front and Shawcross in defence.

Ahh, makes sense.

When you're listing the high profile players that play for them and the 3rd one is Ryan Shawcross then I can't see why anyone is surprised at how poor they are.

Beckham will have to sack his mate.

The standard is awful btw.

Pedestrian/Friendly type football.

I tried to watch the New York Red Bulls game last night and turned it off after half an hour. Horrendous. Boy got free in the box and took what was one of the worst touches I've ever seen at professional level.

Watched the first 20 mins and it was absolutely horrendous to watch. Higuian is an embarrassment, at least 2 stone over weight and the turning circle of the titanic

I've switched on a few MLS games recently and been surprised by how poor the football is. Misplaced passes, panicked defending, over the top tackles. Didn't expect English Premier or Serie A quality obviously, but even in comparison with our league it's bad.

Reactions: TQ3
Americans seriously don't understand the concept. They would never accept it.
More likely the franchise owners won't accept the concept.
One US podcast I listen to (Crime in Sports, usually pretty good) covered a case to do with a footballer in the EPL.
The host who did the research explained relegation and promotion with all the fervour of a newly religious zealot and his co host couldn't believe how wonderful the idea was. These were just two sports fans. They admitted it wouldn't be a goer in the states though because of the franchising system. The owners would never countenance such an extra risk to their investment.

I was going down the stats of their last game thinking they may have been unlucky to losed 5 nil given the possession and shots, till I got to the 'shots on target' section...

0b6e13bca2905ab42302d905c81e0312.png

I can’t believe Matuidi went to the MLS, the guy can play proper top level football yet he is in MLS, madness.

He said that he achieved all he could in Europe and wanted to try win something different.

Pity he choose the wrong club, everything about them screams mis management and disaster.

More likely the franchise owners won't accept the concept.
One US podcast I listen to (Crime in Sports, usually pretty good) covered a case to do with a footballer in the EPL.
The host who did the research explained relegation and promotion with all the fervour of a newly religious zealot and his co host couldn't believe how wonderful the idea was. These were just two sports fans. They admitted it wouldn't be a goer in the states though because of the franchising system. The owners would never countenance such an extra risk to their investment.
I would say guys who put the effort into a podcast are not just the mere average sports fan. The average fan from Kansas, Missouri, Alabama, Minnesota, etc. wouldn’t like it either.

Although these guys are also right and the owners would also never go for it.

Maybe he is In competition v his brother to see who can do the worst as a manager

The owner of the team might not let Beckham pick the next manager

Gary Neville said he never wanted to be a manager and only managed Valencia because his friend was the owner and didn't want to let him down

I think both Neville brothers ended up there and were both dreadful

Just like his brother they talk a good game. It’s easy to know it all when sitting on the sidelines and by the way Gary should leave his political comments in his head that’s not what he is overpaid for ! Some footballers get too big for their boots.

I would assume he’s a front for someone or for a group of rich businessman
MLS commissioner Don Garber announced on Monday that Miami would become the league’s 24th city, awarding the franchise to a group headed by Beckham, but also including his manager Simon Fuller and businessmen Marcelo Claure, Masayoshi Sun, and Jorge and Jose Mas.

MLS commissioner Don Garber announced on Monday that Miami would become the league’s 24th city, awarding the franchise to a group headed by Beckham, but also including his manager Simon Fuller and businessmen Marcelo Claure, Masayoshi Sun, and Jorge and Jose Mas.

Most of these teams with a ex player as the forefront are normally being ran by someone with mega money and not the player himself

Salford city a prime example of this

Maybe he is In competition v his brother to see who can do the worst as a manager

The owner of the team might not let Beckham pick the next manager
The two of them were brutal at Valencia and since then we have one half never off the tv telling us where teams/managers/players are going wrong :rolleyes:

Just like his brother they talk a good game. It’s easy to know it all when sitting on the sidelines and by the way Gary should leave his political comments in his head that’s not what he is overpaid for ! Some footballers get too big for their boots.
Gary Neville is a decent pundit when he sticks to what he is there for. Far superior to the scouse gobbing twat. However like all football pundits Neville sometimes flatters to deceive. His brother is just an arse.

Back