Phil Thompson

Appears that Sky Sports may be rotating the panel this season

He has been on in week 1 and 2

The usual 4 of Le Tissier, Merson, Thompson and Nicholas have all been on but not on the same show

(yes I went looking for this ):eek:

Appears that Sky Sports may be rotating the panel this season

He has been on in week 1 and 2

The usual 4 of Le Tissier, Merson, Thompson and Nicholas have all been on but not on the same show

(yes I went looking for this ):eek:
Maybe he'll have to join the B team who cover the non premier league games...Dowie, Cottee, McInally, Smith, Mellor , etc

They are rotating one of the usual guys with a minority or woman this season.

Not very subtle about it either which makes it all the more obvious a token gesture.

I don't mind Le Tissier and Thompson is a bit irritating.

Merson and Nicholas can't even speak English properly and should be nowhere near a broadcasting job. It amazes me they've been on that show for so long.

Who nose?
A wee cool story.About 1978/79 I went down to see Leeds v Liverpool at Elland Rd.2 memories from that game were the fantastic reception that Ray Clemence got from the fans in the Spion Kop to chants of England’s no 1 and during a lull in play a chorus of Thompson Thompson show us your nose went up and he duly obliged. Ray Clemence was in stitches.

Has anyone ever watched a game on stream that one of these absolute throbbers in the studio is watching? They go tonto at chances that you wouldn't even remember after about a minute or so, if that makes sense. They are normally ahead of the stream too and you think "what the %^*& game are they describing here?"

Merson and Nicholas can't even speak English properly and should be nowhere near a broadcasting job. It amazes me they've been on that show for so long.

They played for Arsenal. The Arse are the most popular team in the most densely populated area of the UK.

I was speaking to someone I occasionally meet through work - apparently the Soccer Saturday team get put up in a hotel down near the studio every Friday night before the programme. They routinely go to the local pub and get completely ruined on the Friday night. Certainly would explain some of their performances on the Saturday.

Caught the second half of this today, by god it's aimed at those who work cleaning bogs for a living or school janitors.
Dreadful, watching Charlie Ridiculous trying to describe the VAR incident at Old Trafford was similar to watching a dog eat a choc ice.

Back