Pic Of The Day: Craig Moore.

I loved Craig Moore. Was a hard bastard but also a very good defender. That tackle in the photo is definitely up there with the best that I have seen.

Piggery pitch was an utter shambles that night.

I can't say I was CM's biggest fan at the time - but I was being picky if I'm honest
He rarely ever let us down & he was solid as a rock most of the time

What clouds my memory was the Australian Olympics thing - but it would be unfair of me to let that interfere with his obvious sterling contributions

Anyway I hope he's a decent pundit, co-comentator - or whatever role he's now performing for RTV

Reactions: dmg
Craig Moore was a superb Rangers player. I know he was criticised during his initial spell but to be breaking into that team as a teenager showed that he had something about his character... his form when he returned and had his slot in the centre of defense was outstanding for about 2 years.

Even in that initial spell, he was brought in to do the dirty work, regularly being the extra midfielder against Celtic, filling in at right back for periods... he just got on with it.
The episode wit the Olympic squad in 2004 was a sore end to it. Reflecting on it... the Olympics is a huge thing for so many nations and the guy’s ambition to be part of it, and it being his last chance to do that... I can understand where he was coming from. Like so many things - being a bit more open about it and communicating that with the support would have gone a long way.

Craig Moore was one of those players who was just not 'fashionable', no matter how good he played. His spell at right back did him no favours, he was a no fuss central defender who excelled in that role.

He was a solid 8/10 week in, week out and he is the type of player that winning teams are built on.

What a turnaround in a player in Craig Moore,remember during his 1st spell my auld man and my late uncles would berate him for 90 mins every time they seen his name on the team sheet, iirc think he had an absolute stinker in a game at tynecastle when we lost 4-2.They couldn’t believe it when he was brought back.
They quickly changed their tune,as did a shit load of other Rangers fans,tremendous defender

Back