Pic Of The Day: Ronaldinho

Cracking pic.
Of course his second visit to Ibrox.
Played back in 2001 vs PSG.

When you look back at the players on display for the games at Ibrox against both Barcelona and Paris St Germain it's incredible they both finished 0-0 in hindsight.

Cracking pic.
Of course his second visit to Ibrox.
Played back in 2001 vs PSG.

When you look back at the players on display for the games at Ibrox against both Barcelona and Paris St Germain it's incredible they both finished 0-0 in hindsight.
Anti football at its finest.

Copyright Ra Scottish Mhedia

One of the best players of all time. Messi and Big Ron's stats make us often forget just how good Ronaldinho was. He was unplayable from 2003 to 2007.

I could watch his dink goal v Chelsea all day.

My favourite was this effort, where he appears to hit the overhead kick with the wrong foot. The speed he moves his feet to finish with his right is amazing.

One of the best players of all time. Messi and Big Ron's stats make us often forget just how good Ronaldinho was. He was unplayable from 2003 to 2007.

My favourite was this effort, where he appears to hit the overhead kick with the wrong foot. The speed he moves his feet to finish with his right is amazing.

His skimmed cross field pass against Celta Vigo is a thing of beauty.

Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes says the best atmosphere he's ever played in was at Ibrox.. and it's noisier than the piggery

The keeper was asked on Barcelona TV about the best atmosphere he had played in and the interviewer teased: “Are you going to say Beast F.C like every other Barcelona player?”
But the Spanish star said: “The scum create a great atmosphere home and away but I still think the most intimidating stadium I have played in was when we played Rangers.

“There must be something about the city of Glasgow because they made so much noise. Normally as a goalkeeper you block out the noise of the fans but the noise they made that night was impossible to ignore.

“We had Henry, Ronaldinho, and Messi playing for us and I can’t think of another occasion when those three were on the same field and we didn’t score.
“Rangers fought like warriors that evening and I am sure a big part of their performance was down to the fans and the atmosphere they create for their players.”
Arsenal legend Henry who said of Ibrox: “I know the atmosphere that’s generated here and that makes it tough for any team. I thought the fans were unbelievable again.
“They were not swearing or shouting stupid things, they pushed their team forward and that’s great to see.”

Like Valdez I'd be interested to know if any stattos are aware how many times Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho started and Barca failed to score?!

I remember that, some first touch to take it then a quick shimmy past the defender.

It was a great initial pass out to him from the back IIRC?
Ronaldinho pass

I've tried to link it, hopefully that works? It's the last replay that shows it best, skimming along the surface.

Unreal pass out from the centre half to start it all. Can't really see in the video who it is but I'd guess Marquez?

We were inches away from beating them in 2007, with Cousin’s late shot going just wide.

Xavi, Iniesta , Henry, Messi and Ronny all in that starting XI. Surely would have been up their with the greatest team we’ve ever beat had that went in?

That’s just crazy :))

The sort of player that just makes you love football. He was just a show pony, in his prime he produced time and again on the biggest stage, but he was unbelievably entertaining too pulling tricks out of the bag no one had seen before

Back