Pick Alfredo's best goal of the season so far

dh1963

21 goals by the first week in November. 11 of them in European competition.
All kinds of goals in there. Some instinctive. Some clinical. Some strength. Some team moves. Some solo efforts. Right foot. Left foot. Header.
If you had to pick one, which one so far is the best goal?

St Joseph's Away
St Joseph's Home 1
St Joseph's Home 2
St Joseph's Home 3
Midtjylland Away
Hibs Home 1
Hibs Home 2
Midtjylland Home 1
Midtjylland Away 2
Legia Warsaw Home
Livingston Home
St Johnstone Away
Aberdeen Home
Young Boys Away
Hearts Away
Porto Away
Ross County Away 1
Ross County Away 2
Hearts Semi Final 1
Hearts Semi Final 2
Porto Home

I'm not just saying this because it's the most recent, but the Porto goal on Thursday was an unreal bit of technique. In terms of importance take your pick, but for me Legia Warsaw was top.

His goal on thursday is probably the best of his career so far, his technique has improved so much it's unreal.

For me, the home Porto one was a better Alfredo goal but the Porto away was a better goal. If that makes any sense at all!

And I'm tempted to say the best Alfredo goal might have been either Young Boys or St Johnstone away, both weren't just brilliant finishes but incredible strength and balance first.

I'll go for Thursdays. It showed a side to him we dont see very often, skill and finesse. He is usually all about power and explosiveness. That goal on thursday was exquisite. I think really only his goal at Pittodrie last season matches it for "finesse"

He is just an incredible player. He can be the complete striker if he adds this type of goal on a regular basis. It is an absolute privilege to watch him play for us.

It's often said that it's a damn shame that younger bears havent had a chance to see a player like Laudrup, Gazza, De Boer, Ferguson etc play for us. I'm sure when he leaves we will be talking about Morelos on that level.

Our most complete striker since Mark Hateley. That's how good he is now.

Young Boys away for me. Morelos in a nutshell. Roll the defender, great finish.

I bizarrely thought Thursday’s was slightly overrated. He was stretching and just managed to get the right connection and no more. I’m aware that probably nobody else thinks this o_O

Thursday v Porto

An unbelievable strike that I just cant stop watching ( with Spanish commentary obviously) :)

Both Porto goals, the Legia header and both goals against hivs were all goals of stunning quality. Would need to sit and go through them all to decide but there's too many :)

Absolutely incredible that we're asking which of his 21 goals by the first week in November are the best.

Porto at home for me, a truly world class finish from Alfie which any top striker would be proud of which Alfie certainly is

Thursday nights was insane. The goal IN Porto is the most mental I’ve experienced in terms of celebration in a Rangers end.

As a side, he scored a goal away to Partick in 2017 that was an outstanding finish which I still remember fondly.

I love him.

21 goals by the first week in November. 11 of them in European competition.
All kinds of goals in there. Some instinctive. Some clinical. Some strength. Some team moves. Some solo efforts. Right foot. Left foot. Header.
If you had to pick one, which one so far is the best goal?

St Joseph's Away
St Joseph's Home 1
St Joseph's Home 2
St Joseph's Home 3
Midtjylland Away
Hibs Home 1
Hibs Home 2
Midtjylland Home 1
Midtjylland Away 2
Legia Warsaw Home
Livingston Home
St Johnstone Away
Aberdeen Home
Young Boys Away
Hearts Away
Porto Away
Ross County Away 1
Ross County Away 2
Hearts Semi Final 1
Hearts Semi Final 2
Porto Home

I don’t disagree with the general comments on Porto & Legia goals for the reasons stated, but that Hearts second goal was just a skill I haven’t seen before. Those two touches so quickly were just top top stuff imo.

Porto at home, it was no more than a half chance when the ball is cut back to him and it was such a critical time in the game.

1. Porto home (world class finish)

2. Porto away (more for the team play but Alfie’s finish still world class)

3. St Johnstone away (we were playing pish and that goal settled the nerves and showed all his best qualities, unreal strength, deft touch to drag the ball from behind him with the left foot, and an emphatic finish high past the keeper).

Goal on Thursday.

Also enjoyed his goal against Hearts when Kent cut it back to him. His close control and finish was very good for it considering the ball was hit towards him at pace. Wasn't an easy take.
A “double tap” as our friends in the Special Boat Squadron might call it.

Great finish, shows absolute desire to score.

Loved his first goal against Hibs, keeper should have saved it but to come on and within like a minute skin a cant, nutmeg a cant and dribble half the pitch before ramming one in was quality

Porto at home , he’s in an unnatural position when he hits the ball ... fantastic goal

Not this season but he back heel flick against hearts last season never got the recognition it deserved, messi or Ronaldo does that and it's all over sports media for weeks

Back