Picture this scenario

Redondo

We go into our final game of the season as Champions and undefeated all season. The game's against Aberdeen who can guarantee 2nd place ahead of the bheasts with a win.
How do we approach the game?

We play the weakest team we have. On the basis there’s nothing of significance to us, points total or unbeaten run etc.

In all honesty denying them even a crack at champions league dosh could set them back years .. it would put 0 Dampner on the party either, so personally I wouldn’t mind a sheep win
That mob aren’t good enough to qualify in a one off game at home in the champions path. That have zero chance of getting through two qualifying rounds home and away in the runners up path.
We win our games and keep the integrity of out league win and let them self destruct.

We go into our final game of the season as Champions and undefeated all season. The game's against Aberdeen who can guarantee 2nd place ahead of the bheasts with a win.

It's a tough one.

Denying them the extra CL place that we earned could be massive for us going forward due to the impact on their budget.

But then to be unbeaten would be great.

We play our best team to win and hopefully achieve a better record than Crispy Lips' "invicibles" team. If that means the Mhanks get into the CL qualifiers then so be it. They will only get pumped by the champions of Macedonia or the likes anyway.

Gut says win it but strategically it'd be massive to 100% guarantee they had no CL football before the summer even started and make their EL route harder. Would further drive down player values and make them even less palatable to potential managers.

DW4R6a9.gif

Throw it. Fuk morals.

I think this is the third thread suggesting this. What is it with some Rangers ‘fans’?

I suppose if we won the EL final just after it, I could forgive the team one lapse in the league

Personally from the second the league is wrapped up, outwith the old firm I'd love to see some fringe players and youth get more game time.

If this lead to a young team dropping points that ruined celtics champions legaue hopes then I wouldn't be upset. If the young bears won and got a great experience, just as good if not better!

Aberdeen finishing 2nd could sent them into potential financial ruin.

Might be an unstaunch answer but returning the favour from a few years ago would be best for Rangers.

I’d love to say win all. But, them coming second gives them the chance, however unlikely, but with a new manager, to get to the group stages of the CL

guaranteeing them not getting CL money could aid us in the long run for a few years so, %^*& them. Let the sheep win. Invincibles doesn’t really mean much to me. Silverware does.

If it stops Savile FC getting CL money we play our under 8’s team and to hell with sporting integrity. Especially when Savile FC are involved as they know all about sporting integrity!!!

I don’t care how staunch you are, it would be massive if Celtic didn’t even get a crack at the CL qualifiers and would happily see the sheep beat us to deny them 2nd.

Imagine they fluked through 3 qualifiers and we got put out and their disaster season was rewarded with CL group stage football and £30 million? Any chance to bury them for years would be gone and it would be our doing.

In all honesty denying them even a crack at champions league dosh could set them back years .. it would put 0 Dampner on the party either, so personally I wouldn’t mind a sheep win
There's the dilema, a tactical loss to further damage the bheasts against an unbeaten record which is worth no extra prize money.

It wouldn't feel right though

We go for the victory. An undefeated league season would be a fantastic achievement.

There's the dilema, a tactical loss to further damage the bheasts against an unbeaten record which is worth no extra prize money.

It wouldn't feel right though
It wouldn’t, but after 10 years of hurt mate the party after we will soon forget any meaningless result

We win %^*& lying down to Aberdeen just to get one over on Celtic especially when we could go unbeaten

Back