Pitch condition - do we still use the uv lamps to accelerate grass growth?

CoplandRoad

I was in the club deck for the game against the sheep shaggers on 1 February and the pitch was already looking bare, especially around the centre circle.
Whilst the weather has been terrible, surely the lamps would still promote reasonable growth.
Got the Chelsea man u game on just now and the pitch looks immaculate.
Any horticultural experts know what's going on with our pitch?

Slightly OT but any time I’m on the M74/M6 I see these lights on the back of. Low loader usually heading south.
Can anyone tell me who other than football clubs use them & where they might be headed?

You can see what looks like big imprints from the lights on the pitch surface at one side of the centre circle

You can see the orange glow from the lamps every night from Patrick.
Unbelievable how bad the pitch has.
Thought the break between boxing day and the 1st game back in january would have sorted it.

Thirty minutes after every game you will see them moved from the car park behind the stand to the pitch

Probably using lighting with added blue spectrum like the son-t agro I would imagine to imitate daylight slightly I wonder how many gram per watt they are getting. :D :D

Since we've came back we've had 6 games on the park, that's bound to take its toll with the crap weather. In contrast Celtic have played 2 on theirs.

My understanding that the ratio of synthetic ‘fibres’ to natural grass on hybrid pitches is tiny. Something like 1%. I’m sure that the case at Murrayfield anyway.

I was in Ibrox last night, the pitch looks a right state, would not surprise me if the game on thursday is off- if the rain doesnt let up.

You can see the orange glow from the lamps every night from Patrick.
Unbelievable how bad the pitch has.
Thought the break between boxing day and the 1st game back in january would have sorted it.
Wee Greta will be doing her but if she sees this..

Hopefully we can capitalise on the conditions v Braga and take a 4 goal lead to their bowling green pitch!! :))

Back