Pitch looking good

Looks good but so did last season until a few months in. After that session of heavy rain the pitch looked an absolute disaster. As long as it holds up all season I couldn't care less what it looks like

Why is it certain players can't be inspired enough to bust a gut in such an arena. How many of us would give anything to play in conditions like that for nothing. Now all we need to do is to weed out the weaklings in the team.

Did we go the full way this year with the hybrid?

I know we wanted to last season, but ended up with some half measure.

Fantastic.

In many ways the state of the pitch was a massive disadvantage to us in the second half of the season.

It was cut up so badly and suited the anti-footballing sides at Ibrox. The Hamilton home game was a classic example.

We are the best footballing side in Scotland and we deserve a pitch that plays to those strengths. Can't wait for the next home game now.

There is absolutely no excuse for any pitch problems in the coming season from any club.

They’ve never had so much time to get the pitches perfect.

I took a walk over yesterday as was in the office and had a peek through the gates and the small section I could see looked good lol

I hope everyone is clicking on the link, then clicking on the pic within the link, before saying how good the pitch looks, assuming they are seeing the same as I am on here.

There are 3 parts to the image, but only one and a bit are visible in the OP.

The top part (shown in the OP) is actually the crap pitch, before reconstruction. The middle part (half visible in the OP) is when the new pitch was laid and the bottom part (not visible in the OP) is the new pitch as it looks now.

The new pitch is cut diagonally, rather than straight across the pitch.

Last edited:
I hope everyone is clicking on the link before saying how good the pitch looks, assuming they are seeing the same as I am on here.

The top part (shown in the OP) is actually the crap pitch, before reconstruction. The middle part (half visible in the OP) is when the new pitch was laid and the bottom part (not visible in the OP) is the new pitch as it looks now.

Yes it's looking great. Hope it holds up well and it's a tougher hybrid type pitch.

EZlKZAwXYAMz3Go

I hope everyone is clicking on the link, then clicking on the pic within the link, before saying how good the pitch looks, assuming they are seeing the same as I am on here.

Ooops. Will aid Goldson with those diagonal balls ;)

Message to The Rangers

Do whatever it takes

Make sure you keep 19th Century Terrorist scum from getting on our pitch again !

Looks great - can not wait to get back to Ibrox whenever that may be.
Hopefully the pitch will hold up much longer than it did last season!

Fantastic.

In many ways the state of the pitch was a massive disadvantage to us in the second half of the season.

It was cut up so badly and suited the anti-footballing sides at Ibrox. The Hamilton home game was a classic example.

We are the best footballing side in Scotland and we deserve a pitch that plays to those strengths. Can't wait for the next home game now.

Nope it was not easy on the eye but it was nice sand flat as our Euro opponents proved.

The pitch is very reminiscent to what it looked like in the 90s in that 3rd image. Maybe it always looks like that not sure. :)) Looks great though.

Fantastic.

Leverkusen coped ok with the pitch!

Was there any reason given why the pitch was so bad after the turn of the year. I would assume the weather wasn't any worse as previous seasons?

Looking much better. Weather and time will play a big part in it holding up during the next season.

Good spot, mate.

The 1 May pic is stunning!

Back