Pitch work at Ibrox taking place

David Edgar

Administrator
Staff member
We are carrying out essential works on the pitch which will be completed within 4 weeks. There is no reasonable expectation that we will be playing football at Ibrox in the next 4 weeks or anywhere for that matter. Clubs in England and across Europe have been doing the same. A sign of the club using the time wisely but this is not a pitch relay or full renovation.

Good idea to do some work on the pitch, don't see us playing on it for the forseeable future, so its got time to recover naturally at this time of year.

It’s in wee krankies statement -
“We know that for some people, such as self-employed gardeners and window cleaners where there is no contact with other people, if they can go about their business safely, then this could be good for the community and we would encourage them to do so”
Fair enough, the pitch desperately needed it for when the season resumes at some point in the future

It’s in wee krankies statement -
“We know that for some people, such as self-employed gardeners and window cleaners where there is no contact with other people, if they can go about their business safely, then this could be good for the community and we would encourage them to do so”
Fair enough, the pitch desperately needed it for when the season resumes at some point in the future

Perfect answer then. Was a genuine question. I don't listen to anything she says.

I would have thought a complete re-do would have been the better option at this time.
We most likely have months to do this, but will have next to no time if any for next season.

Are we to commence a new season(all going well) with a mere patch up of an abysmal pitch?

I hope they know what they're doing and that It's a case of me clearly not knowing.

Seems a good time to be doing it. Was in some mess before play halted.

Long as the ground staff are all staying safe and keeping their distance it seems fair.

Very much needed. Ready for a restart if it happens. But if not, I guess we’ll go into next season with this pitch, otherwise the work and money will be wasted.

We are carrying out essential works on the pitch which will be completed within 4 weeks. There is no reasonable expectation that we will be playing football at Ibrox in the next 4 weeks or anywhere for that matter. Clubs in England and across Europe have been doing the same. A sign of the club using the time wisely but this is not a pitch relay or full renovation.

Heart and Hand dropped that many subscribers David? :))

I thought work had started the week after the old firm was postponed? German teams are back training, its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have games in 4-6 weeks

Really @Gee ? Care to explain why I am costing lives without resorting to the name calling?

If bar workers can't pour a pint from their living room, why are pubs closed? Because certain jobs aren't essential.

If you can work from home, you should. If you can't work from home AND your job is essential, then you need to go to into work.

Ill assume you are aware that the grounds maintenance and works has an annual budget?

that’s all well and good but it’s like my business. I want to get a new computer system but with no money coming in Im having to do without. Surely after a month of dry decent weather and no games the pitch is in a decent enough state. It should be way down the list of priorities if we can’t pay staffs wages

Wonder if the hybrid pitch which was due this summer will be put off due to the uncertainty at the moment?

Paying 1000s to sort out a pitch that might not be used for months while furloughing staff is a bit of a red neck

The pitch is an essential part of us trading.

So under your scenario we don't furlough, use the pitch renovation budget on wages then come the time that we're due to play again, the pitch is cowp and we've got no money to improve it, what happens then?

We take that budget from elsewhere? Possibly cut staff in order to fund it?

People need to get off their soapbox about this furloughing. We're doing the right thing to ensure the staff have jobs in future.

That'll be us public enemy number one big bad rangers rip up pitch delaying restart to the season

There is no such thing as essential work.

If you cannot work from home you can still go to work.
Thats a load of auld bollocks, i know LOADS of blokes who work on building sites now sitting on their arses at home through no choice of their own or the sires choosing either. Im also sitting on my arse at home btw

The pitch is an essential part of us trading.

So under your scenario we don't furlough, use the pitch renovation budget on wages then come the time that we're due to play again, the pitch is cowp and we've got no money to improve it, what happens then?

We take that budget from elsewhere? Possibly cut staff in order to fund it?

People need to get off their soapbox about this furloughing. We're doing the right thing to ensure the staff have jobs in future.

I personally don’t think given what is going on with the country and our clubs cash flow that a pretty pitch is a necessity. When we were winning 9 in a row our pitch was usually a midden.

When we have publicly came out and said that we can’t afford to keep the club going without taking out wages I think we have a cheek to be tarting up a pitch.

we are acting like the family with the big mortgage and two cars on finance that they can’t really afford

Last edited:
If they done nothing apart from let the grass grow it would be an improvement. The pitch has been as bad as I can remember this season,

I personally don’t think given what is going on with the country and our clubs cash flow that a pretty pitch is a necessity. When we were winning 9 in a row our pitch was usually a midden.

When we have publicly came out and said that we can’t afford to keep the club going without taking out wages I think we have a cheek to be tarting up a pitch.

Hardly tarting up the pitch.

Have you seen the nick of it at the Leverkusen game? It needs replaced.

We clearly have budgeted for it but not for the loss of 5 home games, the uncertainty of Coronavirus and the delay in season ticket income.

We're well within our rights to use the Job Retention Scheme for its intended purpose of protecting jobs. That doesn't mean all short and medium term planning goes out the window. The purpose of it is to ensure a successful company comes out the other side.

Back