Plan B if pitch waterlogged tonight?

Question for Glasgow based bears - is it still raining? I’m up in Perthshire and weather fine here.

Didn’t occur to me that game might be under threat until saw this thread.

Anyone know if there’s an inspection planned?
Pissing in the Southside just now and showing no signs of letting up. Similar level to what it was like pre match on Saturday.

They'll have an inspection this morning to see if an inspection is needed. (would be astounded if it wasn't!)

If the game doesnt make it tonight and the games tomorrow is behind closed doors then couldnt they try another venue? Such as murray park or 3G at Accies or Falkirk stadium. UEFA will want it played regardless I think.
Kilmarnock?

Pissing in the Southside just now and showing no signs of letting up. Similar level to what it was like pre match on Saturday.

They'll have an inspection this morning to see if an inspection is needed. (would be astounded if it wasn't!)

It's starting to lessen a bit in Lanarkshire just now, the forecast is for it still to rain, but not torrential so hopefully the pitch will be no worse than Sunday

How often is the pitch actually covered? Way I've read on here it's like it's never covered

I've never seen any pictures or evidence of the pitch being covered at any point. Plenty of pictures from various times and days out there and never one where covers are used.

I don't know if that's standard these days or not.

The game would be declared null and void, Braga win and a ban issued to Alfredo Morelos for the rest of the domestic season.

waders for the forward midfield and defenders and scuba for the goalies and today's match is sponsored by Fishing direct and Scuba diving Scotland.

About to start my journey but after reading about the conditions in Glasgow this morning i’m seriously anxious about the game getting called off.

Depending on which forecast you are looking at then it turns to sleet and snow later with up to 60mph winds
Hail showers this afternoon forecast on BBC site.
Met Office has couple of heavy rain showers this afternoon.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem that heavy in the city centre just now to be honest. I am only looking out of a window though.

Don’t want to be a pantie wetter but looking at the forecast there is every chance the game will be at risk. Same conditions as Livi game and it got called off with 2 hours to go!

Can’t see it recovering for Friday either as the forecast is for worse for tomorrow!

does anyone know if we have covers?
As previously mentioned, UEFA will let it go ahead in conditions that the SFA wouldn’t.

It’ll cost the club near enough £2M if it’s called off - pretty much disastrous in the current climate.

Question for Glasgow based bears - is it still raining? I’m up in Perthshire and weather fine here.

Didn’t occur to me that game might be under threat until saw this thread.

Anyone know if there’s an inspection planned?

I can confirm - It’s pishing down.

Only very light rain just now, due to be off by mid morning.
Forecast for the rest of day and night only showers, nothing like last Saturday.
Game will be on tonight.
Tomorrow looks like a repeat of Saturday's weather.

I park up near the stadium early doors on a midweek game and walk into the city for work and got soaked before 8am. However, as far as I can see, it's only a very light drizzle right now but the forecast does say it's to rain straight through.

s-l300.jpg

Thursday 8pm
Friday 2pm

If that fails you go to the nearest Venue, so it could be played Friday at Hampden. Very extreme circumstances

Uefa don’t cancel fixtures unless the water is that bad that the ball doesn’t move at all when booted . I mind playing osasuna at Ibrox and there was a swimming pool in both penalty boxes . I also mind Chelsea playing in Tromso , Norway and the snow on the pitch was 8 inches thick , orange ball play on said uefa .

Theres no chance the game won’t be played .
Eight inches?

Am i missing something but all the forecasts say light showers this afternoon?

Am i missing something but all the forecasts say light showers this afternoon?

Its been pissing down for about 3 weeks, our game was postponed at the weekend because it was waterlogged. It has continued to rain since then, so good chance our pitch will be in a bit of statement.

I don't see it being called off, its very rare for a European game to be called off despite awful conditions.

Back