Plastic pitches = conning the fans

I remember the experiment they had with them in England , the two main clubs that had them were Luton and QPR , both top flight at the time .

They were hated by almost all football fans of every description and subsequently banned .

They say they have come a long way since then , you could have fooled me .

Plastic pitches should not be allowed in top flight football , full stop.

They are rank rotten,but the opposing players still need to play on them as well.
I hate to say it but we need to get together with celtic, aberdeen , hearts and hibs then advise they will not play on them after say 2 years in order to rip them up or change grounds if its an east fife for example

I said similar in another thread.

Any neutral won't be interested if half the games are diabolical on the eye. Thus bring any TV money down. Honestly, would it surprise anyone if Doncaster is a plant to destroy the game from the inside? It seems he does absolutely %^*& all to help it.
Plastic pitches in my view are being used primary to gain a sporting advantage it brings the skill level down considerably so these smaller teams have more chance of getting points .In any other language its cheating sanctioned by the SFA , It has to increase the chance of visiting teams players players picking up serious injury .Jamie Murphy had the treatment provided by a huge club like Rangers which costs a lot of money .Smaller clubs will not be able to cover that cost so good young players could from say Ayr United be forced out the game with life changing injuries to knee or ankle tendon rips .
I refuse to accept clubs like Kilmarnock and Livingston say they cannot have grass because of finance ,when junior clubs play on grass and can find the money to prepare and service it and play on excellent grass surfaces debunks the myth of grass being to expensive its just cheating .
Would be interesting if the Huns lost say McGregor due to a injury similar to Jamie's then the shit would hit the fan

No, but something must be done.

Fans, clubs and players should join together in petitioning for these monstrosities to be removed from top flight football.

I recall the PFA conducted a survey of all players in the SPFL, who's team did not have a plastic at their ground, and the results overwhelmingly called for their ban. This has got to be 6+ months ago and there has been virtually nothing since - I wonder why it's been seemingly shelved.

I don’t think you can criticise clubs like East Fife for having a plastic pitch. It’ll be a healthy source of income for them and allows them to avoid training costs etc.

What shouldn’t be allowed is plastic pitches in the Premier League. There’s is no excuse for the clubs and it impacts on the product we sell to TV and fans.
Teams with a plastic pitch, getting promoted to the Prem, should be given one season, and if they stay in the Prem, they have to replace it with a grass one.

Plastic pitches in my view are being used primary to gain a sporting advantage it brings the skill level down considerably so these smaller teams have more chance of getting points .In any other language its cheating sanctioned by the SFA , It has to increase the chance of visiting teams players players picking up serious injury .Jamie Murphy had the treatment provided by a huge club like Rangers which costs a lot of money .Smaller clubs will not be able to cover that cost so good young players could from say Ayr United be forced out the game with life changing injuries to knee or ankle tendon rips .
I refuse to accept clubs like Kilmarnock and Livingston say they cannot have grass because of finance ,when junior clubs play on grass and can find the money to prepare and service it and play on excellent grass surfaces debunks the myth of grass being to expensive its just cheating .
Would be interesting if the Huns lost say McGregor due to a injury similar to Jamie's then the shit would hit the fan
The leveling is definitely why the likes of Kilmarnock use them. They had one of the better pitches in the Scottish setup. The finances is just them trying to excuse their cheating. Hence why a boycott should be done. Like I said in that other post I linked, it wouldn't be long before they had grass down again.
I can't remember off hand but I'm sure their home record was fantastic last season. That's no coincidence.

I remember the experiment they had with them in England , the two main clubs that had them were Luton and QPR , both top flight at the time .

They were hated by almost all football fans of every description and subsequently banned .

They say they have come a long way since then , you could have fooled me .

Plastic pitches should not be allowed in top flight football , full stop.

Ironically Stirling Albion mentioned previous for winning the best pitch had one, they were horrific, iirc cup ties weren’t played on them.

The mind may be playing tricks.

All plastic should be banned outside the top two leagues and all cup ties

Ironically Stirling Albion mentioned previous for winning the best pitch had one, they were horrific, iirc cup ties weren’t played on them.

The mind may be playing tricks.

All plastic should be banned outside the top two leagues and all cup ties
Wouldn't be sure without googling it r.e the cup games .

But , as you say, should be banned .

Eh???

This is definitely part of the issue .

Half your total of league games to be played on that surface no doubt brings them an advantage.

The question of the OP "Was the fans being conned by the use of plastic pitches" to explain we the customers effectively, are being presented with a lower standard of football due to the surface at premier league prices so we are being conned.
The rest was a rant on how the SFA are letting this happen and how dangerous these surfaces are if players get an injury it always seems to be a season ending one .
Just detest these surfaces encourage crap football

I play football twice a week on similar plastic pitches and the good players that play seem to be able to play much better than me on it . Good players should be able to do the basics whatever the pitch. Have a look at the surfaces up until recent years and you will see players like George Best being able to excel in a mud bath.

I'm only going by the games I have watched in Scottish football and 99% of them on plastic pitches have been shit.

George Best excelled on mud baths but imagine how much better he would have been on a fantastic grass pitch?

Comparing a kick about with your mates with a professional game of football? Not even sure where to start on that.

You like the pitches and I don't.

I'm only going by the games I have watched in Scottish football and 99% of them on plastic pitches have been shit.

George Best excelled on mud baths but imagine how much better he would have been on a fantastic grass pitch?

Comparing a kick about with your mates with a professional game of football? Not even sure where to start on that.

You like the pitches and I don't.

I don’t particularly like them and I would prefer grass parks but what I am fed up with is our fans blaming the pitch when we play rubbish

I don’t particularly like them and I would prefer grass parks but what I am fed up with is our fans blaming the pitch when we play rubbish
You think it's just coincidence every time we play on a plastic pitch everyone has a howler?

The fact is, the home team get used to playing on it. They know things like where there's dead spots or if the underlay's got a wrinkle (possibly a joke).

I'm not just talking about Rangers here and blaming bad performances on plastic pitches.

I am talking about watching football matches and seeing they are horrendous to watch 9 times out of 10 on plastic pitches.

Seems we are all united on this pretty much, next step do something about it, start by putting pressure on the club to raise the issue (again ?) and put pressure on the SPFL in turn , any 1872 people on that could take it to them ?

You think it's just coincidence every time we play on a plastic pitch everyone has a howler?

The fact is, the home team get used to playing on it. They know things like where there's dead spots or if the underlay's got a wrinkle (possibly a joke).

I think that players can be poor physiologically and things like that can affect performance. I think the bigger problem we have had is that two of the teams that have them ( killie and livi) both played very defensively last year and we didn’t have the players to break them down

Plastic pitches are the footballing equivalent of William Wallace's tactic of digging pits filled with oil to even up the battlefield.

If that's not too dramatic an analogy !

Must have missed us thumping Accies a few times then.
The 5-3 game was a good win with lots of goals but it still didn’t feel right, you are always kind of fearing losing a key player to a freak injury and it felt more like a basketball game

Another point. We know Scottish football teams are struggling in European competition and the national team haven't qualified for a tournament in over 20 years. So playing a large % of your football on them in domestic competition then having to play foreign teams on nice grass pitches is going to put you at a disadvantage.
Look at Kilmarnock pumped by a part time team from Wales.

Back