Plastic pitches = conning the fans

There should be a rule that IF a club is to use a plastic pitch, it needs to be of a certain standard.

Some of the plastic pitches used in Russia or the MLS look at least playable.

But these ones that teams get away with here are cheap and dangerous !

There is no need for teams in the top league to have these parks,,I can understand teams like east fife etc having them,their basically community clubs with very little income streams,,,at the top level 9 teams can compete without artificial surfaces, so obviously the other 3 can aswell, these 3 are getting an unfair advantage both in income they are making off their parks and in the playing sense

MIght just be my impression, but todays platic pitches with all the pellets etc seem worse than the previous ones like Dunfermline had before they were made to rip it up by the SPL

Watching the ball bounce on that pitch yesterday put me in mind of one of those googly balls the harlem globetrotters used in their comedy routine :)

Should be banned. Clubs are gaining an advantage with these pitches. They should however be allowed to bring in money in which ever way they like such as selling beer etc. Scottish clubs are struggling but they are being hampered by SPFL/government rules. They could be doing so much more.

An absolute leveller and you can see how much it affects the players. Away to Livi was one of the worts draws for us in the LC. They need binned asap they could get football banned. That pitch was every bit as bad as Kilmarnocks or Livingstons. Yes you could forgive EF but not SPL teams. Folk in charge of our game are a joke.

With another shite draw away to livi on a terrible plastic pitch Would fans boycotting these games at stadiums that use plastic force their hand to get back to grass. If our fans and the east end parasites refused tickets to Kilmarnock, livi and Hamilton would the lost revenue be enough to make them revert back to grass? The games we've played on plastic are usually awful to watch and the added fear of injury to our players just ruins the game for me. If we wait on the SFA solving the problem we will be waiting forever

Astro should be banned from our top flight, give clubs 3 years notice .The old firm fans will happily pay for Killie's if they're struggling, all they have to do is put 150 of their fans back where they came from and get us back to our original numbers. Failing this I'd be happy for fans to take issue into their own hands and stay clear of astro as it's robbery paying best part of £30 to watch a lottery.

Plastic pitches are a direct result of the way money is distributed throughout the game. Until the authorities do something you'll just need to get used to lack of competition, shit football, empty stadiums and plastic pitches.

Isn't it obvious?

Remember during the league reconstruction years clubs had to upgrade their stadiums/grounds to get into the top flight,plastic pitches in that case should be sidelined and with the amount of money the SFA rake in surely they could offer these clubs some sort of incentive to get back to proper pitches. It makes a mockery of our game,as if our game isn't a laughing stock enough.

I reckon a fan's petition across all SPL clubs (including the filth) to ban plastic pitches could be a good way to generate support.
Absolutely hate watching games on plastic pitches.

There was a player's petition last season which was unanimously against them and that did absolutely nothing so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wish folk would stop greeting about plastic pitches like our players have never trained on one before. It’s now got to a stage where it’s almost become accepted that it’s ok to play poorly as you can use the pitch as an excuse.

With another shite draw away to livi on a terrible plastic pitch Would fans boycotting these games at stadiums that use plastic force their hand to get back to grass. If our fans and the east end parasites refused tickets to Kilmarnock, livi and Hamilton would the lost revenue be enough to make them revert back to grass? The games we've played on plastic are usually awful to watch and the added fear of injury to our players just ruins the game for me. If we wait on the SFA solving the problem we will be waiting forever

Yes we should. How many good games of football has anyone seen on one of these pitches?

no

Presumably we train on the synthetic surface at the Hummel prior to away matches which will take place on synthetic eg. Killie, Livi, Hamilton.

Yes. We should. But we won’t.

Ironically, the money Kilmarnock are losing by reducing our allocation would easily find a grass pitch.

It's clearly not all about money, it's the unfair advantage they gain from playing on the shite week in week out that appeals to them.

It's no coincidence that they made Europe (no laughing at the back) for the first time in years on they back of playing on their pitch

Personal choice if you go to watch football on plastic pitches.
Some really bad grass ones out there also :p

Folk are greeting about the standard of football you see on them. It is fucking awful to watch.

Its complete nonsense. Against killie a few weeks back it wasn't the pitch that was the problem, it was killie putting 10 men behind the ball and us struggling to break them down. When we won in the cup last year with morelos getting a hattrick the pitch didn't seem to be an issue that day. As I said we train all the time on a similar pitch at HTC

It's clearly not all about money, it's the unfair advantage they gain from playing on the shite week in week out that appeals to them.

It's no coincidence that they made Europe (no laughing at the back) for the first time in years on they back of playing on their pitch

they also had a good coach and a system that was difficult to break through

They are a disgrace. They should not be in the top flight. They are a leveller for diddy teams given how badly the ball reacts on them, how bad they are for the players under-foot and the advantage those diddy teams have playing on them more than 50% of the time. Players also have a greater chance of injury.

Watching games on them is dire, the product we as fans are paying for is pisher for having them.

Get them to %^*&. I'm sick of them being a factor.

People want a boycott for everything!

It will never happen in a million years, our away scheme is massively oversubscribed with bears wanting to support their team everywhere. That won’t change.

Rangers fans do not boycott under any circumstances,We've had umpteen kicks in the teeth a lot more deserving of a boycott than artificial pitches and we have continued to hand over the blue pound.

Reactions: SSR
I’m suprised there isn’t more pushback from the players and PFA on this issue. I think it was two season ago every player got to rank each pitch after the game and I’m sure all the plastics came bottom. They should have moved then to bring in a rule for all top flight club’s to play on grass.

KRIR3Yr.gif

I wish folk would stop greeting about plastic pitches like our players have never trained on one before. It’s now got to a stage where it’s almost become accepted that it’s ok to play poorly as you can use the pitch as an excuse.
Ball doesn't move on the surface naturally.
Ball doesn't bounce naturally.
Players don't react naturally.
Speed of play is much slower and turgid.
Higher risk of injury due to equipment not being suited to the pitch and even when it is the risk of injury is increased and the length of injury is much longer - see Murphy and Waggy.

A combination of the above 5 points leads to players being cagey and the match being a turgid shitey game of football that folk are paying good money for - so they have every right to greet as paying fans.

Yes we may train on it at HTC but the differences between training and playing; the physical aspect of tackles, running at high speed and trying to turn or stop, the need to win a 50/50, just to name a few, it's a millions miles away from playing on it.

No player in Scotland that doesn't need to play on it wants to play on it - as voted last year - and the players have every right to greet as it's their livelihood and if you take Rangers vs Killie, our players have much more to lose from an injury than shite like Broadfoot.

Its complete nonsense. Against killie a few weeks back it wasn't the pitch that was the problem, it was killie putting 10 men behind the ball and us struggling to break them down. When we won in the cup last year with morelos getting a hattrick the pitch didn't seem to be an issue that day. As I said we train all the time on a similar pitch at HTC

Judging these pitches is not about whether we win or not. It is about watching dodgy bounces and professional footballers struggling to make 10 yard passes because they resemble 1970's shag pile carpets.

If players had a proper Union they'd refuse to play on them for health and safety reasons
All well and good to say they are highly paid so should suck it up but injuries like Murphy's can have a real impact on their earnings not to mention their long term well being

My first wish would be bin the lot but that won't happen
So I'd settle for SPL mandatory grass pitch ,
Lower leagues let them keep them but if the a drawn at home in cup games against premier league teams the tie goes to the premier leagues ground ,lower league would probably accept that due to bigger gate receipts .
Don't see how any club in the leagues should be allowed plastic , my local junior club can use a grass pitch and a good one at that then there is no reason clubs like East Fife need plastic all they want to do is hire it out through the week for locals to play on so its a financial consideration and a sporting advantage .As I said my local junior team play on a good grass park all season and 300 of a crowd is a good one for them and they are able to maintain the grass
I said similar in another thread.

Any neutral won't be interested if half the games are diabolical on the eye. Thus bring any TV money down. Honestly, would it surprise anyone if Doncaster is a plant to destroy the game from the inside? It seems he does absolutely %^*& all to help it.

Judging these pitches is not about whether we win or not. It is about watching dodgy bounces and professional footballers struggling to make 10 yard passes because they resemble 1970's shag pile carpets.

I play football twice a week on similar plastic pitches and the good players that play seem to be able to play much better than me on it . Good players should be able to do the basics whatever the pitch. Have a look at the surfaces up until recent years and you will see players like George Best being able to excel in a mud bath.

Agree with the principles but not ideal when we're chasing silverware and need all the backing we can get. Don't forget the Authorities don't give a flying fig about low crowds or empty stands. Just look at the opening game of the season against Killie, Rangers and Gerrard with a UK wide audience and being beamed around the world and the camera is on an empty stand.
I know folk don't like Robertson and he certainly seems far too meek for our club and the challenges we face but I think he is now on some SPFL board?? So maybe making inroads from the inside is the best way

Back