Platform 5 Edinburgh tomorrow

Ray Von

Yes sorry, another Platform 5 thread.

Does anyone who watches our games regularly in there know if they'll be showing our game tomorrow? I know not every pub has Premier Sports.

Thanks in advance.

They’ll be showing it. They definitely have Premier Sports.

Edit: although the Rugby will take precedence, you might only get a screen up the back.

Off topic, my son has moved to Leith, is there any boozers down that way which would show the Teddy Bears games??

That pub gets some amount business directed to it from on here. Admin should be looking for commission.

Off topic, my son has moved to Leith, is there any boozers down that way which would show the Teddy Bears games??

Used to live there and there's none that I can think of. I did watch us in a Hibs boozer, but that was with a couple of them I know. Better off heading to the city centre.

There's plenty of Bears in Leith though.

He'd probably be better going along to the centre or Lothian Road. For games on Sky or BT you're spoilt for choice around there really. Or as discussed quite a few bears gather in Platform 5 further along at Haymarket for live games.

Used to live there and there's none that I can think of. I did watch us in a Hibs boozer, but that was with a couple of them I know. Better off heading to the city centre.

I’ve never had an issue watching us in Leith. Mostly down The Shore right enough. Pretty quick to notice the pubs best avoided.

I couldn't believe it when he told me there was plenty of Bears down that way.

He says it's obviously majority Hibs, then Hearts, then us.
He says he's pleasantly surprised at how few Yahoos there is which is always a bonus.

I’ve never had an issue watching us in Leith. Mostly down The Shore right enough. Pretty quick to notice the pubs best avoided.

Yeah it's a mix of old type boozers and more hipster places. Never had any trouble with Hibs fans tbh apart from a bit of abuse on Leith Walk with my scarf on. The only time I got any grief was in Platform 5 and it was hearts/snp fans going full sevco.

He says he's pleasantly surprised at how few Yahoos there is which is always a bonus.

From my experience, it was hibs then us. Used to see a lot of our strips out and about, hardly ever tims. I lived above a big hibs pub and would put my flag on the window when we were playing and had no bother other than the usual. I was 3 floors up right enough :))

I live in Leith (5 mins from the Shore).

Despite being behind enemy lines I usually see bears around.

The best places to watch sport are probably Barologist or Teuchters Landing. Both will have the rugby on but will probably put the football on afterwards if you ask them.

A guy posted a while ago that he watched an Old Firm match in The Marksman. Fair play to him. I have lived in Leith for 15 years and would only go into the Marksman if I wanted to hire a hitman.

Does anyone who watches our games regularly in there know if they'll be showing our game tomorrow? I know not every pub has Premier Sports.

Thanks in advance.
It will be heaving with rugger types.
Scotland first then France.

The best places to watch sport are probably Barologist or Teuchters Landing. Both will have the rugby on but will probably put the football on afterwards if you ask them.

A guy posted a while ago that he watched an Old Firm match in The Marksman. Fair play to him. I have lived in Leith for 15 years and would only go into the Marksman if I wanted to hire a hitman.

Always laugh at the Marksman suggestion. Wouldn’t be me. Used to drive by going to work at 06:30 and there was always a full bar sinking pints.

Enjoy watching games in Carrier’s when there’s nobody through the back. Ask them to turn the telly on and grab one of the couches.

Always laugh at the Marksman suggestion. Wouldn’t be me. Used to drive by going to work at 06:30 and there was always a full bar sinking pints.

Enjoy watching games in Carrier’s when there’s nobody through the back. Ask them to turn the telly on and grab one of the couches.
I’m in leith, I watched our game vs Hearts in carriers, a few bears mostly hearts but no bother. It’s a cracking pub.

Brilliant.

Platform 5 100% has premier sports however they can only show 2 games at once. If they've said they will show the rugby and man city then that's what will be on. We were watching the cup game v hamilton in there 2 years ago in front of the big screen. Absolute arseholes put on the rugby (ireland italy I think) There was only about 10 mins left in the game and it was about 5 mins before national anthems. No warning. Our game was still on a couple of wee screens but so rude.

Platform 5 100% has premier sports however they can only show 2 games at once. If they've said they will show the rugby and man city then that's what will be on. We were watching the cup game v hamilton in there 2 years ago in front of the big screen. Absolute arseholes put on the rugby (ireland italy I think) There was only about 10 mins left in the game and it was about 5 mins before national anthems. No warning. Our game was still on a couple of wee screens but so rude.
Same happened when I was in got shunted through to the back to watch on a wee telly.

not been a bears/loyalist boozer through here since the coburg bar shut. still bears about but scattered, platform 5 probably best bet if showing it, hope you're doing well mate

If you are looking for somewhere for the game this evening and struggling to find somewhere because of the rugby you could maybe try Gladstones. Not been in myself but pass it regularly. Owned by the father of Danny Swanson (ex Dundee Utd and St Johnstone player).

They are very football focused. When Swanson played for Dundee Utd they used to accommodate supporters busses when they were playing against Hibs. They have football tops on the wall including a Davis Rangers top but unfortunately they also have a Celtic top from Lego. The Swanson top does look out of place next to the Messi one.

When you starting that speaker project BTW? An elephant never forgets.

From my experience, it was hibs then us. Used to see a lot of our strips out and about, hardly ever tims. I lived above a big hibs pub and would put my flag on the window when we were playing and had no bother other than the usual. I was 3 floors up right enough :))
Rangers have more fans in Leith than Hearts? From my experience Hearts have the second biggest support in Leith by a country mile.

I’d check beforehand
The rugby in Edinburgh is taken pretty seriously.
99% of punters will be in the pub to watch us slaughter Wales

They will put the game on in the Hanover Tap after the rugby. I’ve watched a couple of games in there, always a few Rangers fans in.

I lived In Leith for 3 years and I would honestly say there seemed like more Rangers fans than Hibs and Hearts fans seemed scarce. Obviously it changes depending where else you are in Edinburgh.

You should have seen the place during our UEFA Cup Final run, all the high flats were just full of Rangers flags hanging everywhere. It was some sight :)

Thanks in advance.

Try Platform 9 3/4, better chance there.

Back