Player by Player numbers from the Sun on Sunday

Flanagan, Kamara and Arfield (my MOTM and Sky’s) all get 8’s from me and otherwise I stick with their ratings.

In truth, we weren’t stretched which is why I haven’t given any of our squad 9’s or 10’s.

However, giving Flanagan and Arfield a 6 is mental. Tells me the Sun rating arse hasn’t ever played football

Flanagan, Kamara and Arfield (my MOTM and Sky’s) all get 8’s from me and otherwise I stick with their ratings.

In truth, we weren’t stretched which is why I haven’t given any of our squad 9’s or 10’s.

However, giving Flanagan and Arfield a 6 is mental. Tells me the Sun rating arse hasn’t ever played football

The sun described Jack as a winger. Pretty much sums them up

Beaton not involved in anything "controversial" says the paper despite the fact Sky wouldn't shut up about "the moving ball" at the corner for a whole half :rolleyes:

Newspapers still rate players out of 10?! Good to see they’ve moved journalism on from 30 years ago!

I didn't think Jack played that well, but he played well enough.
I think the team played well enough in every position.
Candeias had a game that exhibited moments of magic and some that were simply tragic.
Kamara and Davis were the two best players on the park and Defoe and Arfield upfront basically tortured the Hearts defence.
Katic looked to be returning to his early season form and Goldson soldiered on showing steel despite a long season which has surely drained him.
Both full backs had decent games and in particular, Flanagan looks much improved and leaner with the same meaner.
McGregor made a few fine saves but really couldn't do much with McLean's goal which was the one black mark in the entire afternoon.

For me, the real shining part of the performance was Davis and Kamara, they controlled the match superbly.

Newspapers still rate players out of 10?! Good to see they’ve moved journalism on from 30 years ago!

There’s nothing wrong with that rating system if applied properly by people who actually know the game .

L’equipe in France gave a couple of Ajax players a 10 the other night , and they very rarely award a 10 for anyone , you must be exceptional . That way people actually respect their ratings .

Scottish football print press are used for cat litter trays and starting wood burners these days , tells it’s own story .

Back