Player by Player Ratings and Stats v Celtic - from the papers

Cheers for uploading, generally agree in what the hacks have written however Brown should have scored a 2 for all as he rarely even touched the ball Apart from back to his defence.

Are the journalists starting to get more honest and opening their eyes ?

Both of our goals came from their left side. How someone found a 7 for Laxalt is absolutely beyond me.

No Rangers player should be below a 7 and no Celtic player should be more than a 5.

I cannot believe how weak their goalie was for our first goal, he should be given a minus.

He cost 4.5 million by the way.

Anyone scoring Kamara below an 8 knows FA about football. He was unplayable.

Both of our goals came from their left side. How someone found a 7 for Laxalt is absolutely beyond me.

No Rangers player should be below a 7 and no Celtic player should be more than a 5.

I cannot believe how weak their goalie was for our first goal, he should be given a minus.

He cost 4.5 million by the way.

Laxalt will be alright for them in SPL. He will get terrorized in Europe and against us again if he tries to cross the halfway line. Tav sat deeper, that made Laxalt push on and Goldson clips one over his head in the first 30 secs. Set the tone.

Laxalt will be alright for them in SPL. He will get terrorized in Europe and against us again if he tries to cross the halfway line. Tav sat deeper, that made Laxalt push on and Goldson clips one over his head in the first 30 secs. Set the tone.
This was our game plan and we executed it perfectly.

Laxalt's acheivements seem to be managing to get in a cross or 2 that ended up going nowhere.

Kamara has definitely given Gerrard a selection headache in Jack's absence. I can't see how him or Davis can be dropped if we go for 2 in CM.

On the day I knew he had a good game, but I didn't appreciate just how good. I've watched it back and you are absolutely right, he was unbelievable.

He'll occasionally do something really flashy with the ball, but a big chunk of his outstanding play was off it. Gliding about, getting in excellent positions, pushing Frimpong out of the game and bridging the gap between midfield and our forward line. It's easy to miss when you are watching the ball during the game, but start paying attention to everything else Kamara does and you see just how good he was on Saturday.

On the day I knew he had a good game, but I didn't appreciate just how good. I've watched it back and you are absolutely right, he was unbelievable.

He'll occasionally do something really flashy with the ball, but a big chunk of his outstanding play was off it. Gliding about, getting in excellent positions, pushing Frimpong out of the game and bridging the gap between midfield and our forward line. It's easy to miss when you are watching the ball during the game, but start paying attention to everything else Kamara does and you see just how good he was on Saturday.
I'll go as far as saying this - If Kamara can find that level of performance 20 times a season then there is absolutely no chance he'll be with us at the start of next season.

He's going to be a huge part of Finland's team in the Euros next year.

What did Laxalt actually do?

Imo he was one of their worst, I dont remember him getting anything right

Rangers backroom had obviously done their research on him and he was put under pressure from the start. Clearly targeted as a weak link.

Rangers backroom had obviously done their research on him and he was put under pressure from the start. Clearly targeted as a weak link.
Absolutely spot on we constantly positioned our team to push the ball through that area. Worked a treat as well. That is good tactics and good game planning and research.

The marks for Brown are laughable. Yesterday he was shown up as lacking, we simply passed around him. Climax for a £3.5m pound striker was totally out of his depth. Elyounussi shows English teams will pay some amount of money for not very much at all. No way is he a £14m player.

From all the reports, media and tim pain I've been wallowing in since Saturday there seems to a universal view that this Laxalt had a good match.

I must have been watching a different game. Slightly less shite than the rest, at best. Certainly doesn't look like any kind of good player.

Back