Player name pronunciations

My dad referred to Paul Ince as Paul Insks.

No matter how many times I told him he never listened.

I'll need to rack my brain for Rangers players but there would have been a number over the years.

Then there are the wa*kers that take it too far with Bruno Fernange and Hamesh Rodriguez.

Was a guy on Athletic podcast few weeks ago calling Ronaldinho, Honaldinho but every other word was normal English. Twat.

The one that irritates me way more than it should is the number of pundits who repeatedly put a "t" in the middle of big Connors name making him Connor Goldston.

Gordon Dalziel is particularly guilty of this one. Not as if it's a tricky to pronounce foreign name.

Also infuriating the number of ex Rangers players, or so called Rangers men, who are employed as pundits and who mispronounce our players names - unforgivable. If you're a Rangers man then get it right :D

My dad was a big fan of Brahim Hemdani. Only problem was he called him Hemdami, and still does. It's only one letter, so you might think it doesn't seem so bad but when you say it out loud it's fucking ridiculous. Plus it's been 15 years ffs!

After realising Matondo wasn't Montano, the Livingston player, he's still struggling with various versions including Matonda and Matundo - he'll get there eventually on that one though. Minor stuff.

Yilmaz is giving him real problems, almost to the point I'm glad he hasn't played. Yermaz, Yulza, Yirdan.

If I thought he could work the Internet I'd actually have bet my mortgage on my da being the poster who hit out with "wee Zaleem" a few years ago for Zelalem.

My dad was a big fan of Brahim Hemdani. Only problem was he called him Hemdami, and still does. It's only one letter, so you might think it doesn't seem so bad but when you say it out loud it's fucking ridiculous. Plus it's been 15 years ffs!

After realising Matondo wasn't Montano, the Livingston player, he's still struggling with various versions including Matonda and Matundo - he'll get there eventually on that one though. Minor stuff.

Yilmaz is giving him real problems, almost to the point I'm glad he hasn't played. Yermaz, Yulza, Yirdan.

If I thought he could work the Internet I'd actually have bet my mortgage on my da being the poster who hit out with "wee Zaleem" a few years ago for Zelalem.
Think you're being a bit harsh there.Hemdami,Hemdani meh.

I remember the announcer at Fir Park having a problem with Alexei Mikhailichenko's name and ending up calling him Alex Makalahano or something along those lines.

Back