Player of the year?

This season will be one of the hardest to predict, anyone of 4 from Tav, Goldson, mcgregor & Davis. Those players should also be the shortlist for the major poty awards. The top 3 should come from that list of 4. Goldson edges it for me.

The interesting part of the mainstream awards will be to see how the media try and get Turnball into any shortlist.

Tav for me. I think there is a tendency to value recent games more than earlier ones in the season. It is just natural. So I making a conscious decision to weight them higher in my judgement.
Goldson has been superb though as has McGregor and Davis.

Greegsy.
Been consistently outstanding, after managing to dislodge McLaughlin who for the first part, was also outstanding.

Tav, Goldson, Davis, in that order, but as long as one of the 3 of them win it, I'll have no complaints.

A lot will come down to who finishes the season strong, people are influenced by the more recent games. If Tav gets back playing and scores a few more goals he will get the nod imo.

It’s a close one between Tav and Goldson but Tav edges it for me.
His numbers this year have been amazing

Tav for me this season, honourable mentions for Davis, Shagger and Goldson.

If the Club or SPFL POTY was anyone from Davis, Tav, Goldson, Borna, Kamara you could not complain,

Thats without a big shout out for Kent, Alfie and Joe

And then there is Shagger FFS!!!

Tav, Goldson or Davis.

I think Tav will get it, hope he does after all his years of hurt.
I hope that doesn’t come into the thinking, although I appreciate it would be nice for him to get it.

I think Goldson has been the major standout this season. A real leader of men.

Tav . First half of the season was so awesome that he wins it for that . Can't wait for him to lift some trophies now

He's James Tavernier
Makes defenders fear
Running down the wing
Hear The Rangers sing

McGregor for me,I know there are a a few other very worthy possibilities but this season saves have won us games.

Has to be tav or goldson imo , those saying mcgregor yes hes made some important saves and hes been excellent but there has also been games where he could have been sat in the house watching the game on the telly like the rest of us he was that quiet ,we are strolling it through the league and to award our GK with POTY suggests its been tighter than it has been

Sitting on the fence on this one. plenty deserve it ,none of them deserve not to .brilliant season from top to bottom .hat well and truely tipped to the management and the whole squad

Back