Player Ratings (Fail)

Edmond Dantes

Just read the evening times player ratings....how can Grezda get 2 goals and an assist!, tav a goal and an assist, Arfield 2 goals and some amazing play, Glen a goal and an assist in a 7-1 demolition and no-one get a 9.

what do players need to do? petty i know it doesn't really matter but still.

Just read the evening times player ratings....how can Grezda get 2 goals and an assist!, tav a goal and an assist, Arfield 2 goals and some amazing play, Glen a goal and an assist in a 7-1 demolition and no-one get a 9.

I don't think anyone ever gets a nine do they ?

:D

Nobody should ever get a 10 because 10 is perfect. Nobody is perfect.

Thus, 9 is the best anyone could ever get.

Nobody was near deserving a 9.

Last edited:
Nobody should ever get a 10 because 10 is perfect. Nobody is perfect.

This, 9 is the best anyone could ever get.

Nobody was near deserving a 9.
The motm should aways get at least a 9, it's not rating them as footballers but on how the effected a certain match, in my mind anyway

I was just coming on here to post about the same topic!!! How can Tav and Halliday only get 7 and no one above a 9??

Mcgregor. - 7
Tav - 9
Worral - 8
Katic 6
Halliday 8
Jack - 8
Arfield - 9
Ejaria - 7
Grezda - 9
Middleton - 8
Morelos - 8

The motm should aways get at least a 9, it's not rating them as footballers but on how the effected a certain match, in my mind anyway

It’s all subjective, really. I’ve always seen it as individual performances. Interesting to hear about your way though as I’d never considered it.

Sky gave Tav a 9. Players all getting 7 or 8s and the suns got 6s

As said above no-one should get a 10. 9 should be reserved for some of the all time best Gers performances. No-one was close to 9 yesterday.

Did Laudrup not get a 10 for absolutely destroying a team?

Can't for the life of me remember who it was against, but he was just unplayable that day. I don't event think it was a similar 7-1 game, "just" and 4-0/4-1 type game.

Did Laudrup not get a 10 for absolutely destroying a team?

Can't for the life of me remember who it was against, but he was just unplayable that day. I don't event think it was a similar 7-1 game, "just" and 4-0/4-1 type game.

Was it the Scottish Cup final vs Hearts? Gordon Durie scored a ht that day but Laudrup won the mom award. He ran rings round them all day.

Was it the Scottish Cup final vs Hearts? Gordon Durie scored a ht that day but Laudrup won the mom award. He ran rings round them all day.

To be fair he might have got a 10 for that game, but the one i am thinking of was a home league game.

I seem to have a team like Raith Rovers or Falkirk in my head for some reason.

The only player I can remember ever getting a 10,and this is going back a wee bit,was Frank McDougall,during his time at Aberdeen.....

Need to wear a tim top

As someone has stated, movies are often given 5/5 yet aren’t totally perfect.

I’m not suggesting anyone was due a 10 on Sunday but to say no one should ever get one is daft.

I cant take player ratings from the rags seriously. Especially after last season when we beat Ayr 6-1 in the cup and our total combined rating for the starting eleven was one less than Ayr's in one paper

It’s all subjective, really. I’ve always seen it as individual performances. Interesting to hear about your way though as I’d never considered it.
Obvious I'd have thought.
If not an Ayr Utd player having the game of his career would get somewhere about minus 60 and his team mates down at minus 100.

:eek:

One paper gave McGregor a 10 this season, not sure about the match, might have been our final European qualifier. You can deserve a 10. For me the Motherwell match, I gave everyone a 7 apart from Katic 6 and Grezda 8. One paper gave Tavernier a 9 which baffled me, everyone thinks differently I suppose.

I was just coming on here to post about the same topic!!! How can Tav and Halliday only get 7 and no one above a 9??

Mcgregor. - 7
Tav - 9
Worral - 8
Katic 6
Halliday 8
Jack - 8
Arfield - 9
Ejaria - 7
Grezda - 9
Middleton - 8
Morelos - 8

In that same question - McGregor should get a 5/6 as never touched ball. These ratings are nothing more than wee boys trying to emulate Championship manager

Back