Player trading, when does it start?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
We know it's part of our strategy going forward and it'll likely happen sooner rather than later as the board and investors can't continue to cover shortfall indefinitely. I think most accept it'll likely be the summer but do we think it'll happen in JAN because of covid impact?

We've got ourselves in a wonderful position, regardless of league position, I'm talking about squad wise and wouldn't want to risk that midway through this season of all season. Having said that I couldn't complain if board did have to cash in on Morelos say. Even if he's not at the levels he was this time last year we'd be significantly weaker without him.

Do you expect any of our more important players to leave in JAN or are they all here for big push for 55 this season?

Apart from Morelos, I think Barisic, Kamara, Goldson are most likely to move. Tav I'm not so sure about, he's 29 now, if he's not going to extend his contract he'll likely be sold in the summer but I think he'll get a new contract and stay another few years until Patterson is ready.

We know it's part of our strategy going forward and it'll likely happen sooner rather than later as the board and investors can't continue to cover shortfall indefinitely. I think most accept it'll likely be the summer but do we think it'll happen in JAN because of covid impact?

We've got ourselves in a wonderful position, regardless of league position, I'm talking about squad wise and wouldn't want to risk that midway through this season of all season. Having said that I couldn't complain if board did have to cash in on Morelos say. Even if he's not at the levels he was this time last year we'd be significantly weaker without him.

Do you expect any of our more important players to leave in JAN or are they all here for big push for 55 this season?

Apart from Morelos, I think Barisic, Kamara, Goldson are most likely to move. Tav I'm not so sure about, he's 29 now, if he's not going to extend his contract he'll likely be sold in the summer but I think he'll get a new contract and stay another few years until Patterson is ready.
We will sell at end of season and fingers crossed after we’ve won the title.
The board knows what’s at stake this season

I'd suggest the reality of our situation means that we simply have to sell when an acceptable offer comes in. We're much better placed in terms of having replacements lined up, internally or through signing players, and we have to trust that process.

We can't really expect the directors to keep digging deep the way they have. If they do, it's awesome news, but they've went above and beyond as it is.

Id imagine one of the sizeable assets will go in the summer - Alfie / Kamara / Barasic probably after the Euros for the later 2 as there price will go up if they have a good tournament.

then it’s a case of rinse and repeat identify talent at bosman - 5m level look to develop for 12-24 months and sell for profit.

Our current financial model isn't sustainable. Stevie Wonder can see that.

I think we are all in on trying to win the league though and then if we qualify for the CL, the club becomes self sufficient without needing shareholder investment. We could then let an asset go in the summer and re-invest the funds in the playing squad.

That simply has to be our model.

We need to find ways of improving our revenue streams to the point where we become self sufficient without European football but that will take a while and will come at large cost to the fans increasing the capacity at Ibrox would help but would require a lot of cash to start in the first place

I still wouldn’t rule out Alfredo going in January, but no one else. I think 20m euros would be accepted ASW.

If he does go, I really hope we replace him, even with a loan deal, as all of the strikers are being utilised, and of course injuries are always a risk, and especially with Roofe & Defoe.

I think we are all in on trying to win the league though and then if we qualify for the CL, the club becomes self sufficient without needing shareholder investment. We could then let an asset go in the summer and re-invest the funds in the playing squad.

We don't have access to South America like Benfica or Porto so our best bet is coaching young English players, and others, to a higher level and selling on to cash rich English clubs. If we're successful they'll be looking at our players. As you say that's our model.

We need to find ways of improving our revenue streams to the point where we become self sufficient without European football but that will take a while and will come at large cost to the fans increasing the capacity at Ibrox would help but would require a lot of cash to start in the first place

There will be a pickup in our next accounts for the Castore deal impact.

Unfortunately it’ll be dwarfed by the COVID impact on business / attendances mate.

Of course, CL Group stage qualification can be a major pickup next season, but you can’t rely on that as a business model given the risk. Even reliance on EL Group stages is a risk.

There will be a pickup in our next accounts for the Castore deal impact.

Unfortunately it’ll be dwarfed by the COVID impact on business / attendances mate.

Of course, CL Group stage qualification can be a major pickup next season, but you can’t rely on that as a business model given the risk. Even reliance on EL Group stages is a risk.
It's going to be imperative to our continuing development to make the CL next year, especially after Covid. If we can win the league we may only need to play one qualifying tie.

none will go in January imo

but i would imagine at least 2 of the following will go next summer

morelos
kent
aribo
kamara
barasic

It's going to be imperative to our continuing development to make the CL next year, especially after Covid. If we can win the league we may only need to play one tie.

Yes Coop, it would be massive.

To be honest, winning 55 could completely settle the club financially but also, the way we play in Europe, give us a really genuine group stage qualification chance. Massive pickup in standard in there right enough from the EL Groups mate.

It usually known as the transfer window,trading is a Jock Brown expression.

I don't believe it's possible for Rangers to come close to breaking even without European football income if you want a squad anywhere near the level we've seen in the last couple of years.

The current model is sustainable as it clearly factors in sellable assets.

I still wouldn’t rule out Alfredo going in January, but no one else. I think 20m euros would be accepted ASW.

If he does go, I really hope we replace him, even with a loan deal, as all of the strikers are being utilised, and of course injuries are always a risk, and especially with Roofe & Defoe.
Yeah, if AM goes I feel that we'd be a bit light. Would be massive pressure on Roofe especially, definitely in a better place than we've been in for a long, long time.

The current model is sustainable as it clearly factors in sellable assets.

It's not. That's why there's a note in the accounts regarding issues around the going concern of the business if shareholders didn't continue to cover the losses.

It's simply not sustainable to expect our shareholders to plug this gap every season which means we have two options.

1) Cut costs
2) Increase revenue

CL = the holy grail and completes our recovery as a club and makes us become a profit making entity.

The season after next, it looks like winning the SPFL will gain you automatic entry into the CL group stages as well. Win the league, and we don't need to sell unless we receive an offer that meets our valuation of a player.

Any seasons without CL money, we might need to trade an asset to plug the gap if we continue to keep our costs high. That has to be our model given the football league we operate in and the revenues we pull from TV money etc.

Good thing is we can sell any one player and it wont have a huge impact no matter the player imo.

The last 2 I'd like to see go anytime soon is goldson or tav. Everyone else we have cover in abundance imo.

I doubt any of the major players will leave in January unless there's a significant offer - and even then, I'm not so sure.

We'll see a change in the Summer. Although with CL qualification to come, maybe players will want to remain.

I'm confident Wilson + Co. already have replacements in mind.

none will go in January imo

but i would imagine at least 2 of the following will go next summer

morelos
kent
aribo
kamara
barasic

I think the only way this doesn't happen is if we win the league and qualify for the CL groups next season, otherwise our hand will be forced.

The main thing for me is no one leaves in January.

I don't believe it's possible for Rangers to come close to breaking even without European football income if you want a squad anywhere near the level we've seen in the last couple of years.
I think it would be possible if we were in control of our own tv revenue I'm sure Kieran Devlin on the this is Ibrox podcast highlighted that as an avenue to increase revenue drastically

I think it would be possible if we were in control of our own tv revenue I'm sure Kieran Devlin on the this is Ibrox podcast highlighted that as an avenue to increase revenue drastically

Possibly, but that's something which is very unlikely to happen any time soon, if ever.

And as much as I know most wouldn't care, Scottish clubs having to negotiate their own TV deals would kill this league. The gaps are big enough as it is, that would just make it even wider.

Possibly, but that's something which is very unlikely to happen any time soon, if ever.

And as much as I know most wouldn't care, Scottish clubs having to negotiate their own TV deals would kill this league. The gaps are big enough as it is, that would just make it even wider.
The tv deal is a shambles currently anyway clubs are earning nothing out of it give clubs the right to there on home league games and we could see an extra few million in revenue if marketed right

Back