Players at Ibrox for a short time you wished we had seen more of?

Michael Mols uninjured

Unpopular one......

Steven Naismith uninjured at Pittodrie. We would have still won the league even post admin.

Oleg Kuznetsov. I remember his debut (Dundee Utd?) and he was immense. Cut down by injury the following game. Happened a lot to us then.

Boumsong, if he played 25 games for us, he must have been MOTM 20 times. Used to take on forwards with the ball just to make the game more interesting.

Mention also of Caniggia, recall him beating about 5 Tim defenders in one run early in the 2002 SC final. Was hacked out of the game by Sutton and subsequently didn't recover fitness enough to play any part in the WC

Would've loved to have had Claudio Canniggia at Ibrox 3 or 4 years earlier than we did. He was a great player.

Some decent shouts so far. I wish we had got big Dado a few years earlier than we did.

Another shout for Andy Gray, wish we had signed him when he was at his peak. Nehru should've become a Rangers Legwnd and Caniggia falls into the same category as Andy Gray.

Oleg Kuznetsov. I remember his debut (Dundee Utd?) and he was immense. Cut down by injury the following game. Happened a lot to us then.

Being pedantic but I'm certain it was St Mirren mate. 5-0 iirc. He hit the post with a great strike from distance.

Got injured at St Johnstone the following week.

To answer the op I'd go with

Mark Walters
Gio
Gazza
Boumsong

Charbonnier
Porrini
Berg
Cuellar
Gattuso
Tugay
Thern
Wilkins
Amato
Duncan Ferguson
Andy Gray

Would have been a decent side in their prime!

Kevin Thomson.

I was at Rugby Park the day he did his knee. Up to that point I thought he would go on to captain us for years.

Jan Bertram - looked fantastic until him and GS fell out

But Mols - best player I've ever seen at Ibrox for these games pre injury

Daniel Cousin.

If he was self-motivated he would have been a super star.

This for me too, remember the day he rag dolled McManus at the Piggery. Was sent off into the bargain but his goal that day was power and precision. Could have been a very very good player for us.

Marco Negri & Michael Mols.
agreed. The biggest "what if" for Rangers in the past 20 years....if Negri hadn't gone weird/injured his eye and Mols hadn't done in knee we'd have had them as a front 2. They would destroy teams at home and abroad and we wouldnt have had to waste money of Flo.

Jim Baxter if we had paid him what he wanted there definitely would have been no 1967 or the darkside's 9IAR

Amato, an incredible player. My mate kept saying to me about wish he was quicker, but it was obvious if he was quicker he would not be at Rangers, that's how much natural talent that guy had.

Back