Players Covering Mouth When Speaking

Anything and everything they say is over analysed to death, I understand why they do it. Can't say I have ever been bothered by it in the slightest.

Lip resding 'experts' being all over Phil Jones to Woodward a few months ago a prime example. There was one the other week with Henderson to Klopp as well

I caught an obscure camera angle and read our player's lips, I am sure the first one who shall remain nameless, said, 'Who the fck is this 19th Century Terrorist bstrd of a referee?' the second one, who shall also remain nameless, replied, 'It is the same 19th Century Terrorist bstrd referee who sent Alfie off for fckall!'

Maybe it is better if they keep their hands over their mouths after all.
Lip reader loyal. :D

Its when you see them do it in International games also that I laugh.

As if some guy from Moldova is going to understand what a guy from Scotland is saying even without his mouth covered anyway

Another part of the modern game along with the comedy routines some players go thorough coming on to the pitch - by the time they hop on with their lucky foot, touch the grass, cross themselves three times, kiss their tattoos and point to dead people in the sky, the game’s almost started.

Well... Lorenzo Amoruso was dobbed-in by the Daily Record who employed a lip-reader to establish that he called a Borussia Dortmund player a b*ack b*stard in a Champions League game back in the day.

Maybe that's got something to do with it?

Was just going to post that. Maybe they don't want the permanent offended , like some on this thread, misconstueing what they say.

What simple lives the jury on here must have

For reference. The winners of the most recent baseball season have been caught cheating by videoing where they shouldnt have.

And steven gerrard now has a secure pitch at the training ground that nobody can see

Get over yourselves.
Few lip read and even fewer give an actual fek what you're saying anyway.
Hear hear.
Typical 'look at me' modern day players, scared they are out of the spotlight for five minutes. That's also how long they wait before deciding they need a new haircut or horrendous neck tattoo for the world to digest and talk about.

Tbf, I would love to have heard the conversation when John Greig was trying to encourage a team mate to try a bit harder.

I can kind of understand them doing it if they're talking tactics or something sensitive but I just get the impression that most of the time it's just a habit they've got into and they're saying nothing more illuminating than asking where they're going to go for a beer after the game.
Much ado about not an awful lot!

What simple lives the jury on here must have

For reference. The winners of the most recent baseball season have been caught cheating by videoing where they shouldnt have.

And steven gerrard now has a secure pitch at the training ground that nobody can see

... and quite costly @ a mere $5,000,000 fine :oops::(

I fully expect to see kids playing schools football to start doing it. In fact when I was at school we used to put our hands over our mouths and shout wank at the teachers, they hadn’t a clue who did it!
A prime example of when its acceptable

Reactions: SE5
I don't have a problem with it, as we saw recently in Italy an off-the-cuff comment on the pitch can land you a charge of blasphemy and a suspension. Not so much religious zeal in the UK but there's always someone waiting to be offended.

Every player than does it is an arsehole imo.
Nobody cares
It looks sad
You are not that important, your just good at football.

I understand it on the park re tactics messages from managers etc
What’s embarrassing is when u see them do it out with....Seen Dean Shiels in a Starbucks once doing it while on the phone!! Place was heaving/loud & I was probably the only 1 who knew who even recognised who he was!

You do realise that was probably the reason why? I doubt he was worried about lip readers in Starbucks FFS :))

Back