Players going round the keeper

Kent opened up the space to slot it away perfectly today. Trying to round the keeper would have been a big ask against a good keeper like Lewis

The rule change might have reduced it. Rounding the keeper previously always gave a chance of a penalty and red card for keeper, which could have a huge influence on game, but now that it is a yellow card for keeper if he makes attempt at ball it Isn’t as worthwhile to risk rounding him.

Derek Parkane at the piggery always comes to mind when I think if players going round the keeper and netting - think it finished 1-1.

As diving became more common in the game and it became apparent that keepers would get sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity it became more common for players to make as if they were going round the keeper, push the ball past him, throw their leg out to make contact and then hit the deck. Pet hate of mine - would much rather the player stayed on his feet and put it in the net.

The rule change meaning the keeper doesn't walk if he made a genuine attempt to get the ball should, hopefully, see more strikers stop the cheating and actually play the game in these situations. Have the confidence in your own ability and put it in the net.

A major bugbear for an old neighbor of mine in Erskine. The reasons, the ball is so light and moves so much that a dirty big toe bash from close quarters is almost unstoppable. Going round the keeper with so many quick defenders dropping in behind the keeper to cover the goal or with the forward travelling at high speed trying to cut the ball back towards the goal is not the percentage play anymore. As a previous poster pointed out, it's about the stats. The keepers starting position as the penalty spot must have an influence too, how many times have you thought the striker is through on goal, only for the keeper to show up half way up the park.

Morelos technically rounded the Ross County keeper when he stole the ball off him. Still chuckle at it everytime I see it

Wonder if the new 'double jeopardy' rule is a factor in this. Players would know that most of the time if they never scored they could cause the keeper to commit a foul and get a rad card and penalty. Now, the keeper would only receive a yellow card so it's maybe not worth the extra touches trying to get round him and making him commit to it.

Morelos technically rounded the Ross County keeper when he stole the ball off him. Still chuckle at it everytime I see it

I was at that game and it was the weirdest thing ever. Usually most away goals our end goes pretty wild but that day where I was it felt as if people were expecting it to be pulled back for something as no one at all seen it coming. Christ knows what the keeper was doing.

Kent's goal today got me thinking I cant remember the last time a player was one on one with the keeper and goes round him and puts it into the net. Just something you dont seem to see in the modern game.
Careca of Brazil against Sweden in 90 WC. Opens up body as if to slide it to goalie’s left, then at last minute drags it to the left and leaves keeper totally wrong footed. Effortless and total class.

Back