Players leaving the hotel on SSN there

Mikosrightfoot

Aribo appeared to be limping and poor John Lundstram still looks like he's ready to burst into tears.

I feel so sorry for all our fans, be it the ones who travelled or the ones, like me, who never.
But, most of all, I feel so sorry for that group of players who came so close to achieving something that they themselves possibly never thought possible when they signed for our club.

Every one of them left it all on the pitch, and while a lot of them weren't at the races you cannot fault them for effort. Big Lundstram's interview showed just how much he was hurting, but he's wrong about letting the fans down. Team can arrive back in Glasgow with their heads held high.

Aribo appeared to be limping and poor John Lundstram still looks like he's ready to burst into tears.

I feel so sorry for all our fans, be it the ones who travelled or the ones, like me, who never.
But, most of all, I feel so sorry for that group of players who came so close to achieving something that they themselves possibly never thought possible when they signed for our club.
They've just proved to themselves they can do it. But I know how I feel, I'd hate think how they are.

They made us dream.
They gave us everything they had, we were hamstrung by injuries to Morelos and Roofe and IMO Jack didn't look himself all game.
All I asked was to leave it all out there on that park, they done it.
In the end, we were a kick of the ball away from bringing it home, be that Goldsons clearance or Kent's goal, thats the margin of error at this level.

I'm so proud of them

You can't fault their effort - we had no right to be the much better team in extra-time given the amount of battles we have been in plus the conditions.

Another battle awaits in the cup but you imagine the fresher players will start and the others will bust a gut one last time.

Every one of them left it all on the pitch, and while a lot of them weren't at the races you cannot fault them for effort. Big Lundstram's interview showed just how much he was hurting, but he's wrong about letting the fans down. Team can arrive back in Glasgow with their heads held high.
Let's hope those who stay use it as motivation next year to get into the champs league, but more importantly get our league title back! That aside of course immense pride felt for the players who have given us thus journey and chance to see our team again on the biggest stage.

To late or not possible for a Display at Hampden to show our appreciation for the run this year. They deserve so much credit for getting us there in the first place.

BTW. How were the Frankfurt fans able to organise a huge display and get flares in! Still baffles me, but they were outstanding TBF

They made us dream.
They gave us everything they had, we were hamstrung by injuries to Morelos and Roofe and IMO Jack didn't look himself all game.
All I asked was to leave it all out there on that park, they done it.
In the end, we were a kick of the ball away from bringing it home, be that Goldsons clearance or Kent's goal, thats the margin of error at this level.

I'm so proud of them
That's the best thing I've read today.

Poor Ryan Kent as well, I doubt he will have had much sleep replaying that golden chance in his mind. These things happen of course but it won’t stop him overthinking it. Easy for us all to say he should be scoring but what a pressure moment.
That's the one that gets to me RK did everything possible a combination of a player on top of him and a tremendous save fucked it, none of our players should feel ashamed or that they let us down collectively as a club and support WATP.
Felt rotten for wee FS, being subbed as a sub must be devastating wasn't like he was bad just tactical that really never worked.

Last edited:
Poor Ryan Kent as well, I doubt he will have had much sleep replaying that golden chance in his mind. These things happen of course but it won’t stop him overthinking it. Easy for us all to say he should be scoring but what a pressure moment.
As I found out this morning the ball was out when Roofe crossed it. It would have been disallowed. I couldn’t understand why we didn’t get the subsequent corner.

That's the one that gets to me RK did everything possible a combination of a player on top of him and a tremendous save fucked it, none of our players should feel ashamed or that the let us down collectively as a club and support WATP.
Felt rotten for wee FS, being subbed as a sub must be devastating wasn't like he was bad just tactical that really never worked.

Would probably have been disallowed anyway due to the ball being out of play. That would have been worse

Would probably have been disallowed anyway due to the ball being out of play. That would have been worse
I'm going to re watch that bit in particular thought at the time it had went out but wasn't 100% on it
saw him keeping the ball in play in similar situations before.

Mate it’s a tap in he fluffed it

Can’t hide how angry I am about it

Don’t think I’ll ever get over it

I thought last nights ref was okay. Yeah, he got the odd one wrong, but overall I think he had a decent game.
A different ref and we could easily have been down to 10 men after five minutes and also probably have conceded a penalty as a result of Goldson’s tackle in the box.
When those decisions went our way I really did think it was going to be our night

To late or not possible for a Display at Hampden to show our appreciation for the run this year. They deserve so much credit for getting us there in the first place.

BTW. How were the Frankfurt fans able to organise a huge display and get flares in! Still baffles me, but they were outstanding TBF
What happened to the UBs at the final ?

Still think it’s the only goal to be scored in a cup final before the actual ko time
Yes it's a long story how I got there,but paid guy at tickets only turnstile,as somebody in front did.Just on to enclosure terracing(now North Stand),big DJ scores,got handed a can o lager,a few times, and left at final whistle happy,pissed and having had no ticket or carry out that was some day.

As I found out this morning the ball was out when Roofe crossed it. It would have been disallowed. I couldn’t understand why we didn’t get the subsequent corner.
I didn’t realise the ball had in fact gone over the line but it did look close right enough.

Yeah and then 2 touches off opposition players only for a goal kick to be awarded!

Mate it’s a tap in he fluffed it

Can’t hide how angry I am about it

Don’t think I’ll ever get over it
Can understand the anger, if a player like him (or most professionals who are likely to get the chance) gets in that position they should score.

But I do think Kent will know that more than anyone and he won’t need GvB to tell him twice.

I'm sorry but this narrative is completely false and embarrassing.

Bassey aside they let both themselves and the club down last night.

Bassey a solid 9.

The rest a solid 5. Choked when it really mattered and I include the management team in that assessment. They can't wake up today and feel they left it all out there. Our tactics was a rollback to the Uefa cup 2008 run.

Bassey a solid 9.

The rest a solid 5. Choked when it really mattered and I include the management team in that assessment. They can't wake up today and feel they left it all out there. Our tactics was a rollback to the Uefa cup 2008 run.

Fans like you genuinely don't deserve to have a team to support.

Bassey a solid 9.

Y
Let's hope those who stay use it as motivation next year to get into the champs league, but more importantly get our league title back! That aside of course immense pride felt for the players who have given us thus journey and chance to see our team again on the biggest stage.
Yep but I have a feeling there will be more than a few trying to get out the door.

At the match, looking straight down on Roofe I immediately thought it was out. The corner was a crystal clear decision, and the otherwise decent ref's biggest mistake.

Edit: Just seen post #45. That possibly explains it, but how did the ref know? VAR doesn't look for ball in/out decisions unless a goal has been scored, does it?

Wouldn’t have mattered, the ball was out anyway.

They played superb,to hang in at times and other times dictate .

Bassey will be the subject of bids now ,100%

At the match, looking straight down on Roofe I immediately thought it was out. The corner was a crystal clear decision, and the otherwise decent ref's biggest mistake.

Edit: Just seen post #45. That possibly explains it, but how did the ref know? VAR doesn't look for ball in/out decisions unless a goal has been scored, does it?
There are Comms between the linesman and the referee and if the linesman told the ref that it was a goal kick without flagging, then that would explain it.

Back