Players names that always make you smile

Fashion Sakala.

His demeanour gladdens my heart. Hopefully he can start banging them in regularly and become a bona fide Ibrox hero.

5 pages in and yet to see a more ridiculous name than Ange Postecoglou.

His da obviously trying to take some heat away from the surname by giving him a birds name.

I know his name has been mentioned a few times already in the thread but the name Shane Duffy will always make me start giggling like a wee lassie B-)

Even when I see him playing for Brighton this season I can't help but smile. His hilarious performances for the scum and the subsequent memes of them are utterly top tier B-) B-D :))

Isaac Hunt. Although he was just someone I worked with!
Also worked with a girl called Goodwillie and a bloke called Bigwood at the same time.
Not football related sorry

Torsten Frings but only after Dany Baker said that every time the commentator said “Frings”, he’d add the next line from “Things” by Dean Martin and Nancy Sinatra.
“Frings”
“Like a walk in the park”
“Frings”
“Like a kiss in the dark” etc

Teemu Pukki

Working in Brunei with alot of Malaysian people and the word Pukki in malay means C#@t. So always brings out a chuckle when watching the football

Martin Jol.
Nothing remotely amusing about his name, until you remember he has a brother called
Cock Jol.
The parents need shot for that. :))
It’s even better than that, he has another brother called…Dick!

Kenny Lunt always used to raise a smile in the English lower leagues. And there used to be a Korean goalie called Lee Ki-Bum.

There was a boy who played with Gangwon in South Korea a few years back called Lee-Wan Hunglo.

Back