Players return for pre-season training

LOL

Yeah, of course he was.
Aye! Issue last season was predominantly the keeper not being up to his usual standards along with a unsettled back 4 that had constant changes, also never helped that we never took much of our chances at the other end.

Aye! Issue last season was predominantly the keeper not being up to his usual standards along with a unsettled back 4 that had constant changes, also never helped that we never took much of our chances at the other end.
He was honking at times. McGregor was a big issue, especially after Christmas, but Goldson really didn’t look like he wanted to be here at times, particularly early in the season. Don’t think memories stretch back that far though which is lucky for him.

john-wayne.gif

Why waste your time trying to educate the clueless?

The guy's just making himself a laughing stock.

Always a first pick throughout Gerrard's tenure and also since Gio came in, but no, he knows better than both of them.

Why bother mate?

Buzzing to see CG back for 56!

Could be the best signing we make this summer.
I'm not getting this.

We've seen plenty of criticism and wisecracks at the filth now signing a couple of last season's loanees. The theory being, that's not them updating on last season.

If that is the crieria, then how is CG improving our defence, a defence that spunked away the league last season?

Why waste your time trying to educate the clueless?

The guy's just making himself a laughing stock.

Always a first pick throughout Gerrard's tenure and also since Gio came in, but no, he knows better than both of them.

Why bother mate?
Yeah, the clueless. For starters he was a key player in seeing us exit the CL qualifiers and a key player in an utterly humiliating league cup semi defeat (less said about the post match interview the better). This on top of league performances that were a million miles away from the previous season and only picked up when it was already too late.

On account of the opposition I’ll give him a break on the Europa League final even though he did sell the jerseys with a shocking bit of defending. But yeah, clueless.

I'm not getting this.

We've seen plenty of criticism and wisecracks at the filth now signing a couple of last season's loanees. The theory being, that's not them updating on last season.

If that is the crieria, then how is CG improving our defence, a defence that spunked away the league last season?
I think it’s more on how we would have replaced his worth to us for the funds we’ve got available.

I think it’s more on how we would have replaced his worth to us for the funds we’ve got available.
Now that he's back, of course we have to go on and move forward and accept the deal that has been made.

What I'm not accepting is the tosh that we've basically signed a new player and everything in the garden is rosy.

Ideally, as it stands the new (automatic) first four is in 1.2.3.4.5 formation; McLaughlin, Tav, Bassey, Souttar and Goldson.

Purely my opinion.

I'm not getting this.

If Goldson didn't renew then we would be worse off, thats a fact.

I’d counter your argument by saying we didn't score nearly enough goals last season.

Would you hold the same opinion if Kent, Morelos or Aribo signed new deals? The criteria being the attack spunked away the leak last season?

Goldson was close to £4m when he signed, given he has probably improved and played nearly every game in 4 years, name me a centre back to theoretically replace him, pound for pound?

Always get a surprise when you see Glenn Middleton popping up at preseason

Totally forgot he's still our player haha
I don’t think he’s good enough but can see why we offered him a new deal. For me he did show signs of being a good player but he’s not kicked on at all.

Stephen Kelly training by himself today away from Auchenhowie going by his Instagram.

Would like to think he'd be involved for pre-season.

If Goldson didn't renew then we would be worse off, thats a fact.

I’d counter your argument by saying we didn't score nearly enough goals last season.

Would you hold the same opinion if Kent, Morelos or Aribo signed new deals? The criteria being the attack spunked away the leak last season?

Goldson was close to £4m when he signed, given he has probably improved and played nearly every game in 4 years, name me a centre back to theoretically replace him, pound for pound?
Yip, we were poor in both boxes for a large portion of our domestic season.

Thought Helander would have been back on the first day since he had no internationals and barely played, maybe still injured? Same goes for Roofe. Might be a few weeks before Hagi fully trains

Back