Players tattoos

islandbear

As there are so many posts on here from members showing off their new tattoos I was wondering what's everybody's thoughts on maybe the matchday programme doing a series on the players tattoos?
Might be some interesting stories behind some of them.

I don't see why not, got to keep it relevant if you want younger people to buy them. Most of our players seem to have fairly intricate ones as well and we have seen stories on more boring things.

I await someone coming on to tell us how bad tattoos are any minute though.

I don't see why not, got to keep it relevant if you want younger people to buy them. Most of our players seem to have fairly intricate ones as well and we have seen stories on more boring things.

Yeah I'm expecting someone to post that ”Rangers players shouldn't have tattoos" or some nonsense like that.

Actually not a bad idea at all. Not something I'd be interested in, but I don't buy programmes anyway. Plenty folk into their tatts tho.

Tattoos using the badge and crest are a breach of copyright and take money away from the club.
:D

I always like to understand the meaning behind a person’s tattoos. Always end up disappointed when they say “just liked it”.

Im wan a them that thinks tattoos have a meaning or achievement behind them.

I always like to understand the meaning behind a person’s tattoos. Always end up disappointed when they say “just liked it”.

I talked to a tattooist who said that "even if you 'just liked' it, you subconsciously attached yourself to it, therefor giving it meaning". I kind of like the idea of the subconscious mind controlling our decisions on a level beyond what we perceive as ourselves.

Whoah, I think the mushrooms have kicked in...

I presume we all have plans for ‘55’ tattoos?
Can some smart photoshop guy or girl start knocking up 55 tattoo designs. We can all vote on the favourite and then get everyone of us branded with the winner.

Like our bad times badge of honour showing we are finally back to where we should be.

We will all nod knowingly at each other with a sly wink on the passing. Or a big high five

I sometimes find it a bit pretentious when people start try and detail why their tattoos are so meaningful, important or profound.

Nearly all of mine I got purely because I liked them. I see nothing wrong with it, same way people might just like a painting or a drawing, they don’t necessarily need a reason.

I sometimes find it a bit pretentious when people start try and detail why their tattoos are so meaningful, important or profound.

Nearly all of mine I got purely because I liked them. I see nothing wrong with it, same way people might just like a painting or a drawing, they don’t necessarily need a reason.
Oh I’m not saying they shouldn't do it just “because”, but I’ve just always seen something pretty cool in the celt or viking reasoning behind a tat. A victory, an achievement, a rank, a god etc.

I had a scotland tattoo done as soon as I left school, just because. Really regret it since growing up and being my own man. It needs covering!

Footballers and tattoos are so commonplace nowadays as to be utterly redundant.

I’m more taken aback when I see the players without tattoos now.

Yeah I'm expecting someone to post that ”Rangers players shouldn't have tattoos" or some nonsense like that.

Like smoking for me.

I don't smoke and I don't have any tattoos.

I will never smoke and I don't like tattoos, however neither bothers, nor offends me, so each to their own.

If people are proud of their tattoos, then good for them.

I know plenty of my mates are.

I talked to a tattooist who said that "even if you 'just liked' it, you subconsciously attached yourself to it, therefor giving it meaning". I kind of like the idea of the subconscious mind controlling our decisions on a level beyond what we perceive as ourselves.

Whoah, I think the mushrooms have kicked in...

I love that concept on many levels

Like smoking for me.

I don't smoke and I don't have any tattoos.

I will never smoke and I don't like tattoos, however neither bothers, nor offends me, so each to their own.

If people are proud of their tattoos, then good for them.

I know plenty of my mates are.

Tattoos don’t bother me (except the weird blob the Man City keeper has on his neck)! Smoking & drugs - nah don’t get me started I’ll get banned!

Tattoos don’t bother me (except the weird blob the Man City keeper has on his neck)! Smoking & drugs - nah don’t get me started I’ll get banned!

Drugs are a totally different game to smoking mate.

Don't do either, but hate drugs.

I'd imagine the story behind them will be "Well, everyone's getting these sleeve tatoos nowadays, aren't they?"

The thing about tattoo's for me is that if I got one done I would probably change my mind a few days later or want to change it or end up hating it.

I've got one...

Soldiers marching alongside a tank that is driving down Princes Street, just as a Spitfire flies overhead!

It's an...

Edinburgh Military Tattoo!

Back