Players that support the rangers

Kenny Burns was actually signed by Rangers as a youngster.

We let him go and he joined Birmingham City.
I`m sure he joined the Blues around the same time as Jimmy Calderwood and Roger Hynd.... both the latter were regular attendees at Ibrox.. Sadly Roger is no longer with us; and the last I heard of Jimmy was that he was in poor health.

One for older Bears... Andy Lochhead big bastard of a centre forward who played for Burnley and Villa in the 60`s was a regular at Ibrox as a youngster.

Kevin Philip's
NIGEL QUASHIE
Brian Howard
Paul scholes I think Scottish family rangers
Paul Ince
Teddy sheringham
Chris waddle

Stuart Dallas is a Rangers supporter. Follows the club's instagram account. Follows Alfie too.

A player I'd love us to sign to be honest. Maybe someday.
Aye I’m sure there’s a video of the Leeds team arriving at an away ground and he’s whistling the sash.

Players that support Rangers narrows it down a little bit, particularly if you exclude those who have merely said some good things about our club in the past.

So the correct answer is David Bruce Smith. 8 years a player, over 300 appearances and ecwc winner. RSEA patron and regular attendee of rsc / club functions who always has time for his fellow supporters. ST in the Govan rear, away games if tickets allow and euro trips when practical. 78 years young next month yet still pays his way to follow our club everywhere he can. Ticks both boxes for the op, a great player for and staunch supporter of our club.

Take a bow Dave Smith, top bluenose and Rangers legend.
Sits behind me in the Govan Rear.

I can remember (maybe 78 world Cup) an article on the Scotland squad at that time asking if they would sign for us as the first Catholic and from memory McQueen said yes but not as the first one. Pretty sure most of the squad said no. Jordan, Rioch, Mason,
I reckon your memory’s playing tricks.

In the 70s the Sunday Mail was always having a go at Rangers for the club’s refusal to sign Catholics. It ran an article where it asked 12 well-known Scottish RC footballers whether they would sign for Rangers. 11 said they would - Arthur Graham was the exception.

Only Joe Jordan of those you mention was a Catholic. I think he said he would sign.

In the 70s the Sunday Mail was always having a go at Rangers for the club’s refusal to sign Catholics. It ran an article where it asked 12 well-known Scottish RC footballers whether they would sign for Rangers. 11 said they would - Arthur Graham was the exception.

Only Joe Jordan of those you mention was a Catholic. I think he said he would sign.
If my memory serves me right, Arthur Graham said he wouldn’t sign for “A kings ransom“.

What's the story here?
His stepdad's side of the family are all Rangers fans. They refused to let him sit at a meal with them because he was wearing a green shirt. He thought they were joking at first but quickly realised they were serious. His uncle has a dog called Ranger that growls any time the word celtic is mentioned.

Oldie but Big Eck. My old man was in a pub in Aberdeen prior to going offshore and bumped into big Eck when he still played for the sheep. He said to him on the upcoming game against Rangers “hope yeez get beat Alex.”
His response? “So dae ah.”

The statement you make is a bit more informative than my memory, and it was over 40 years ago so apologies if my memory is not as good as Google or Wikipedia

He's from Coagh, a Prod village in Tyrone, and went to Cookstown Primary and Cookstown High.
Not that that might mean much these days but it doesn't overly smack of Wolfe Tone LPs and DVDs of the Quiet Man.
He was at the Sons of William FB dance when I was over years ago , played with Crusaders at the time. Always thought he came from Monrush .

Davie Moyes .
As CBC player went to pick up tickets from park head and gave his mate a fellow CBC player his Rangers scarf to hold thinking he would get tickets for the Rangers end .

Tyler Adams who plays for Leipzig and USA

(And his staunch dog that barks if you say celtic!)

I signed him from Munich reserves in FM2018 for us and he was phenomenal signing. Now I know he must have been bursting a gut for us!

A group of Celtic youth players were asking for Gerrard to sign tops a few years after we beat them at Parkhead

Back