Players wearing suits to the game

players should wear tracksuits apart from cup finals and managers should always wear suits imo

that's hampden and obv a semi final or final

but I agree, players should always be in collar and tie turning up to any game, its all about standards. Those grey tracksuits look cheap and nasty
Yes I agree that as 'we are Rangers' and following traditions of old then we must wear suits and ties turning up to any game

DSU2OPeW0AAkH4V.jpg
Good to see the charitable side of Rangers. Jack giving up some of his side for a jakey!

In that second photo of the OP there are beggar fans taking photos of Rangers players. :confused: I could never envisage even thinking about taking a picture of any of them. Mind boggling.

I’d prefer our players to turn up in suits, of course, but in reality I don’t care and it doesn’t make a difference.

Sorry have to disagree with a large proportion of the comments in here. It has to be double breasted suits with turn ups on the trousers, shirt, tie and definitely bowler hats, which must only be taken off when indoors & very shiny shoes. Mr Struth reckoned that gave us a feeling of superiority, so that will do for me.
:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Club moved to a new Tailor this year. I would guess it is simply taking time to get everyone measured up and produced and we cannot wear until Every player is kitted out.

Steven Gerrard appreciates tradition is well.
What? Should just be a case of:

Which size do you require Sir?

Protestant!

:D

Hes a scouser of course he prefers a trackie! However wearing a suit commands respect on the touchline a tracksuit doesnt.

You see 2 guys walking down the street towards you one in a trackie and one in a suit youl think one is a ned and one has done well in life.
Nah I'd think one is going to court the other the gym

Sorry have to disagree with a large proportion of the comments in here. It has to be double breasted suits with turn ups on the trousers, shirt, tie and definitely bowler hats, which must only be taken off when indoors & very shiny shoes. Mr Struth reckoned that gave us a feeling of superiority, so that will do for me.
:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
Don't forget White Gloves.:p

My personal preference would be to see the players in collar & tie when arriving for matches, but it's not something I'd die in a ditch over.

Nah I'd think one is going to court the other the gym
My guess would have been one was the defendant, and the other was his mate going to observe the trial.

I blame my youth in Springburn for this belief. Now that I've moved to Balornock I really should hold people to higher standards.

Hes a scouser of course he prefers a trackie! However wearing a suit commands respect on the touchline a tracksuit doesnt.

You see 2 guys walking down the street towards you one in a trackie and one in a suit youl think one is a ned and one has done well in life.

Or maybe one of them is the more successful drug dealer?

Times have moved on, I've got no problem with the stuff they wear now for match days. Probably sell a good few in the shop. Can't sea a 14-15 year old going into the store asking for a club suit.

1492943198621_lc_galleryImage_Rangers_Kenny_Miller_left.JPG

Joey-Barton-Rangers-contract-730953.jpg

Admin: Merge with players arriving at park head thread if more appropriate

I noticed that all the players arriving off the bus were all in their track suits, is this part of the Hummel deal?

Always thought it it was club practice that players arrived to matches suited and booted, I would have thought psychologically this has a big impact, to get off the bus looking sharp with head held high in front of a baying mob must go some way to getting your head in the game.

The players got off that bus and scuttled in with their track suits, wonder if they weren't quite mentally in the right place - would bringing the suits back go some way to change the attitude?

Edit: picture for illustrative purposes only

As long as they ain't dressed up like Lennon or o'neil dressed like a fuukin Ned or tramp in a shellsuit the players should be in no way challenged for that.

29 posts and a question of those proportions mmm.

The players got off that bus and scuttled in with their track suits, wonder if they weren't quite mentally in the right place - would bringing the suits back go some way to change the attitude?

Suits would have changed %^*& all about that result, lets put it behind us and continue to move forward what we have achieved to qualify for europe and the future should be our focus.

I believe suits should be worn but to suggest it had a bearing on this group of players mentality is crazy

1492943198621_lc_galleryImage_Rangers_Kenny_Miller_left.JPG

Joey-Barton-Rangers-contract-730953.jpg

Admin: Merge with players arriving at park head thread if more appropriate

I noticed that all the players arriving off the bus were all in their track suits, is this part of the Hummel deal?

Always thought it it was club practice that players arrived to matches suited and booted, I would have thought psychologically this has a big impact, to get off the bus looking sharp with head held high in front of a baying mob must go some way to getting your head in the game.

Edit: picture for illustrative purposes only

Dae you wear a suit tae the game ?. Dae ye wear the team colours tae the game ?. Dae ye go tae oor games ?.

It amazes me what goes through some people's mind, tbh.

As long as we win, they can turn up at the piggery or hampden in a clown suit for all I care

Because of my mainly past dealings with the club I turn up in hospitality with suit and Rangers tie. I like to think we are different from the giro mob and I like to see our manager looking like a manager. Having watched a Chelsea game their guy looks dreadful ..however his team is winning so I suppose that keeps their fans happy.

Turning up in a suit makes you look and feel ready for the job ahead, please please ban these awful tracksuits, We Are Rangers after all. WATP

I realised that just after I commented on your post; apologies.

Your Right, I wasn't saying necessarily that simply wearing suit would have changed the result of the game - of course Rangers have won and lost many a match - but the consistent thing that separates us as a club is our class and pride.

I just thought that their appearance and body language getting off that coach, might have been emblematic of something not being quite right before the match in their heads.

Many of the new lads (and maybe Stevie G too) are experiencing that atmosphere for the first time, but they looked like it was intimidating them a bit - possibly a lesson for next time.

Maybe needs a Rangers man to say - walk out, look your best, heads held high, show them whose boss and get into the winning mindset from the very start - whether being suited and booted for this helps i don't know, but to me it was a factor.

Note: weirdly their isn't many photos of gers players arriving to matches in their blazers, hence why i could only find one of Joey Barton and the Semi Final.

Sir Alex Ferguson always wore a tracksuit on the touchline unless it was a cup final or some other big event. Doubt it has any effect on performance.
No he didn’t. He always wore a shirt and tie and that grey jacket with the zipped collar ? he sometimes wore a coaches jacket. I think players should wear club suit and tie. It’s a great Rangers tradition and looks far better than a trackie.

No he didn’t. He always wore a shirt and tie and that grey jacket with the zipped collar ? he sometimes wore a coaches jacket. I think players should wear club suit and tie. It’s a great Rangers tradition and looks far better than a trackie.
If Rangers appointed Klopp as manager, would a requirement for you be that he wear a suit? My question isn't a flippant one, because there are top managers that prefer not to wear a suit.

Mr Gerrard
Yes
Would you mind wearing a suit on the touch line , it’s one of our traditions ?
Yes no problem

Job done

We should wear suits to all away games, except from the scum and hivs to show how little respect we have for their clubs. (Same goes for dundee hivs if they ever get back into the prem).

I am old school so I have always liked the suits, shirt and tie that the team wear coming off the bus. Nowadays though I really don't mind what they wear and the tracksuits do look smart too, its whatever makes them relaxed enough to do their job, although not too relaxed.

Players in suits on match days for me, it is our tradition and looks fantastic.
Whilst I'm not too fussed about the squad wearing tracksuits I do think a decent well fitting suit makes you feel and look superior. Saying that you could turn up at their ground in a tattie sack and look superior to that lot.

All of our players including management should be contractually made to wear Arsene Wenger style jackets when entering any stadia. We'd win the mind games instantly, imagine thinking you were playing against a team of 7 footers with 6" long legs. Mind %^*& or what.

Arsene-Wengers-coat-gets-bigger-every-day.jpg

Back