Players who deserved to be in better Rangers Teams

degenerate069

He/Him/His
With Murphy away on loan i was thinking its a bit of a shame we never got to see him in a decent gers team. does anyone else spring to mind?

Young Lewis Macleod would have probably gone on to be brilliant at Rangers. Another one that springs to mind is the midfielder that Le Guen signed... Jeremy Clement. Looked like a really good player sometimes and would probably have benefitted from being in a better side
He had a really good career post-Rangers as well.

My shout is Cardoso. I think there is a player in there, and think he would do well now when the CBs are parked on the halfway line and expected to spray about passes. Maybe just not made for this league though.

My shout is Cardoso. I think there is a player in there, and think he would do well now when the CBs are parked on the halfway line and expected to spray about passes. Maybe just not made for this league though.
Cardoso was actually who i thought of! definitely of more recent times.
He played in a team where the midfield offered zero protection to the backline, and they never really had someone to pick the ball up from deep.
When you see the development of Katic working with proper coaches, i think he could have been a very good player for us.

Many of the ECWCwinning team didn't win much domestically. We only won 2 Scottish and 1 League Cups between our league titles in 1964 & 1975.

Bobby Russell, like Coop, spent a long part of his Rangers career in a mediocre team. Coop at least had a couple of seasons success under Souness but Russell was away to Motherwell before Souness achieved any success.

As previously posted Prytz and Bett only acheived limited cup success in the same period and more recently Lee Wallace deserved more.

I agree with Cardoso, I think he was a good player I’d like to have seen stay. Was he not linked with Benfica not long after he left us?

Bobby Russell, like Coop, spent a long part of his Rangers career in a mediocre team. Coop at least had a couple of seasons success under Souness but Russell was away to Motherwell before Souness achieved any success.

As previously posted Prytz and Bett only acheived limited cup success in the same period and more recently Lee Wallace deserved more.
All the players mentioned here absolutely would have flourished with better players

A few I thought of already mentioned, MacLeod, Aluko, Dorrans. Dorrans in particular for me would loved to have seen in a better side

I'm surprised at the amount of mentions for Cardoso. I never thought he was a terrible player, not as bad as some made out. However I also wouldn't have held him in as high a regard as our current defence and don't particularly feel like he was a missed opportunity.

Young Lewis Macleod would have probably gone on to be brilliant at Rangers. Another one that springs to mind is the midfielder that Le Guen signed... Jeremy Clement. Looked like a really good player sometimes and would probably have benefitted from being in a better side
JC Looked the part for the little we saw.

Lee Wallace.

Obviously wouldn't get in ahead of Barisic, but I would have loved for him to be surrounded by quality and lifting the flag.

Just a personal view before inevitable criticism follows

First person that came to mind when opening the thread.

Back