Players who have moved from Scotland to England and flopped

Nearly all Strachan's signings at Boro. Kris Boyd, Lee Miller, Willo Flood, Andy Halliday, Kevin Thompson (although injured) were all hopeless, Scott Macdonald journeyman OK. Only Barry Robson (excellent) and Stephen Macmanus (solid) were up to Championship standard. Probably the broadest test of the SPL player standard compared to England undertaken this century. Major SPL fail.

Paul Ritchie?
paul-ritchie-of-rangers-calls-for-the-ball-picture-id650903624

Up there with one of the most bizarre Rangers signings ever. Signed on a Bosman and sold two months later for £500,000 to Man City without playing a competitive game for us.
Lots of pics of him in Gers kits, maybe he played in a lot of friendlies?
paul-ritchie-rangers-picture-id650903474

Surely Frank McGarvey deserves a mention, signed by the great Bob Paisley for Liverpool in 1979, and made zero appearances for them, before Liverpool recouped their entire outlay, by selling him to Celtic 10 months later

Kenny Miller

Difficult one. I immediately thought of him, but on reflection did not too badly in a not very good Wolves side. It's also difficult to say if Kenny Miller was a flop at Derby, when that Derby team is statistically the worst ever EPL side. If Kenny Miller was a Derby flop, then every member of that squad was a Derby flop!

Boumsong was a head scratcher. He was as good as anybody I’ve seen in defence for us in that brief period he was here, went down South and completely bombed.
The warning signs were there when he was rag dolled all over the place by a half done Alan Shearer in the tournament game at Newcastle. We still got a kings ransom for him.

The warning signs were there when he was rag dolled all over the place by a half done Alan Shearer in the tournament game at Newcastle. We still got a kings ransom for him.

Let’s not rewrite history here, Boumsong hadn’t even played a competitive game for us yet, he was still in pre season. The half done Shearer had just scored 22 goals in 37 appearances in the EPL the season before. Bobby Robson actually substituted Sheared before he got sent off that day.

Fraser fyvie , could maybe argue Matty Kennedy albeit he was very young and inexperienced , hooper flopped at Norwich , bednar from hearts , skacel , Barry Robson and Boyd at Boro , although Boyd had a good spell at forest , many have

Fyvie was the next big thing at Aberdeen, moved to Bournemouth and nothing.
Was at hibs later then Dundee Utd then freed iirc.

Without a doubt Brian Laudrup. Only got 7 games at Chelsea and never scored.

Also, Colin Stein wasn't really a success at Coventry.

Won't be popular on here,but Baxter wasn't a success in England.my personal opinion is,he was never the same after his leg break
Baxter was past his best,he wasn’t slim Jim anymore,and of course the
Bicardi and Coke didn’t help much either.

Jelavic was one of the best strikers in the premier league for the first 6 months at Everton. Crazy how much he regressed after that
He was at Everton. That was the issue.

Though, ironically, I would think they would/should be interested in Morelos if he was to go down south.

You are having a mare here, Boumsong was away 3 years before we played Lyon :D
I'm having a mare?! Apart from being awful patter. I said I got confused between the 2 games. It was even worse because Kalou was their main man which sums it up. Both games were well over a decade ago. Both French opposition and 2 defeats at home. Forgive me for making a mistake then acknowledging it.That's why I named Benzema because he ran amok for Lyon at Ibrox.

I'm having a mare?! Apart from being awful patter. I said I got confused between the 2 games. It was even worse because Kalou was their main man which sums it up. Both games were well over a decade ago. Both French opposition and 2 defeats at home. Forgive me for making a mistake then acknowledging it.That's why I named Benzema because he ran amok for Lyon at Ibrox.

Calm doon, I’m pulling your pisser. I thought the laughing face would have given it away.

Let’s not rewrite history here, Boumsong hadn’t even played a competitive game for us yet, he was still in pre season. The half done Shearer had just scored 22 goals in 37 appearances in the EPL the season before. Bobby Robson actually substituted Sheared before he got sent off that day.
I remember Robson calling the Rangers support "Scum" that day because of the treatment Shearer got.

Surprisingly 4 of our best ever.
Stein at Coventry
Dj Chelsea
Jim Forrest Preston
and Parlane at Leeds although he done better at Man City. Also Dalziel at Man City.

Back