Players who have to start for the rest of the season

Northampton_Loyalist

Given the slim chances of a tink implosion, the lack of cup games and our margin to 3rd, I think for the rest of the season there are at least 4 players that we absolutely have to start every remaining match.

McRorie is rough around the edges but with the end of this season and a full pre-season leading into qualifiers, he has a solid chance of making a midfield berth his own. He needs games to continue his development and in truth, it is pretty hard to make the argument that he weakens us to any significant degree anyway.

Barasic is very clearly a talented player but it is equally clear he has not adjusted well to Scotland and he is lacking confidence. A run of games on the bounce will help him further acclimatise, settle into the side and a few good performances will give him something to build on.

Grezda, as Barasic, and with the likelihood of Kent being gone, needs to be given a run of games to get him going. He is another who clearly has some talent but who has failed to show too much of it in his brief appearances so far.

Katic. With Worral certain to be gone, it is time to give OUR player a shot at making a slot beside Goldson his own. He started the season well but tailed off, quite possibly through a completely inconsistent selection policy early on and I also think there were rumours of personal issues that had to be dealt with. He has the tools to make it as a quality CH for us but he will not if he does not get given time to develop in the limelight. His performance against Killie, and a few headers and tackles in particular, showed me that he is determined enough and has the ability, he just needs a run of games to make or break his Rangers career.

We are out of all competitions and while we need to keep an eye on 3rd behind us, our priority now has to be next season, getting off to a flyer and hitting the Europa qualifiers hard. The groundwork for that could and should be getting done now.

It's probably unfair, but the only reason I'd be starting Barisic from now on would be the hope that somebody else will come in for him with a decent money offer.

LiviLoyal has it right, above: McGregor, Katic, McCrorie and Alfie.
And although he didn't shine in the last game, probably Kamara also.

McGregor, Katic, McCrorie, Morelos

The only 4 I’d be starting consistently for the rest of the season. The other 7 places would be up for grabs.

Alfie kind of goes without saying.

We can perhaps use the rest of the season to look at some of the players who have not done it so-far with a view to deciding on their future at the club.

Alfie kind of goes without saying.

We can perhaps use the rest of the season to look at some of the players who have not done it so-far with a view to deciding on their future at the club.
I think playing any loan player now that’s highly unlikely to be here next season is just daft tbh,finding out if the players we will have can find form and adjust to the Scottish game would be much more beneficial to us.

Very good point you make op.

League over bar the shouting, Alfie letting us down, 100% time for Worral to sit games out, Alfie to sit games out, McRorie to actually have a fair shot at claiming a spot rather than being benched and then thrown into the deep end.

Lafferty and Defoe rotating with one of the youngsters up front, Katic at centre half, Kamara and McRorie starting together every game, we need to start focusing on next season while making sure we stay ahead of Killie.

Back