Players Worth A Special Mention

Wallace for me, he’s the only player that at the time made the sacrifice, could have easily went else where for more money, also gave up his international career to stay with us in the 3rd division.

I don’t. 5 or 6 of them taking liberties with one guy, and big Mohsni stood his ground.
Yup. I've said it a lot on here as well, people choose to forget that the first guy on the scene to back moshi up was Foster who was getting stuck right in to them. His choice of jumpers and political parties are undoubtedly awful, but hes a bluenose and one of very few that cared. Ironically Miller was another to step up. Two guys that often get pelters on here, Foster especially.

Wallace
Jig
Fod
Kenny Miller
Waghorn
Candeias
Plus small mention for Jason holt

staff wise Warburton for making us professional, McCoist for his immense leadership in 2012 and finally Malcolm Murray for literally paying to keep the lights on in 2012

Not sure if I am correct but off the top of my head when all this first started Davis and edu ? I believe they are the only two we got a fee for. Sure a read somewhere they actual made sure we got one or am tell lies it seems so long ago.

so if it’s true those two because I believed it helped us at the time.
John Fleck made sure we got a fee as well . Wasn't a huge amount ( 25 K - I think ) , but at least he done it .
What happened to that money is another thing , right enough .

However badly it ended up, Warburton done a job for us. We were a fucking laughing stock the previous season, on and off the pitch, failing to win the championship, getting pumped by Motherwell in the playoffs and at the mercy of the spivs. He came in, had us playing some lovely football which after years of hoofball under ally was such a relief for the fans. Also gave us our first victory over celtic since being relegated and that was a special moment for us all. Just a shame it all went tits up after that but he definitely played his part and set us on the right path.
I agree with all of this.

To get that team playing that sort of football after only having them for a short period was fantastic and that first six months was brilliant - I was looking forward to games for the first time in years.

Daniel Candeias, gave his all, skilled player, could mix it, covered Tav when he broke upfield, would have been a good squad player for Gerrard if he’d stayed, much better option than Jones or Barker in my opinion.
An under-appreciated player by some, but not by me.

Daniel Candeias, gave his all, skilled player, could mix it, covered Tav when he broke upfield, would have been a good squad player for Gerrard if he’d stayed, much better option than Jones or Barker in my opinion.
An under-appreciated player by some, but not by me.

We do have fans often so desperate to jump on anyone who leaves.

Candeias would have got plenty of game time in this side under Gerrard but felt he was good enough to get more first team action elsewhere.

I’m absolutely fine with that and will never understand any fan who says he was shite.

Fraser Aird. No doubt of limited ability, but if half of the players we had with reputations in the lower leagues had the same attitude, we would have won every game.

It's been a long and emotional journey to 55, and every player is enormously deserving of their impending winners medals.

There are however a lot of players that contributed to our return to where we belong, and it got me thinking, who would you say deserves a special mention in the absence of a medal?

Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Mcculloch, Moshni ‍♂️

Hit us with some of the names that you'll always be grateful for their participation.

The whole team and subs for our first competative game against Peterhead.

That was a trying time for us, but the players responded to the task ahead.

The whole team and subs for our first competative game against Peterhead.

That was a trying time for us, but the players responded to the task ahead.
Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Little, Black, Macleod (Kyle 82), Wallace, McCulloch, Shiels, McKay (Sandaza 65). Subs Not Used: Gallacher, Crawford, Hutton.

no bad feelings about any of those players, Black and Sandaza included. All played a part.

Although memories of Ibrox singing ‘no surrender Ian black’ still have me cringing.

I remember going to the two games against Queens Park at Hampdump, the first "ORIGINAL DERBY" league game in many a year, the first a Fraser Aird goal on 90 mins for a 1-0 win in front of a crowd of over 30,000 people. Then the next league game we won 4-1 with wee Fraser Aird scoring one in that game. If I remember right David Templeton scored also. Smaller crowd for this game.

That season Queens Park were our closest rivals for the league, but I'm sure they blew their play off game with the division aboves second bottom team.

Last edited:
Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Little, Black, Macleod (Kyle 82), Wallace, McCulloch, Shiels, McKay (Sandaza 65). Subs Not Used: Gallacher, Crawford, Hutton.

Horror days though they were, you look at that eleven and they were all Premier League quality players. Shame we never got to keep and build on that 11. We were well and truly done like kippers.

Horror days though they were, you look at that eleven and they were all Premier League quality players. Shame we never got to keep and build on that 11. We were well and truly done like kippers.

I go the opposite way, we should have dug deep into the academy and up and signed young up and coming players and banked as much cash as we could have for our return. I feel we missed an opportunity there. An extra few million in the bank isnt much in the grand scheme of things, but we have seen what this management team can do with a limited budget.

I go the opposite way, we should have dug deep into the academy and up and signed young up and coming players and banked as much cash as we could have for our return. I feel we missed an opportunity there. An extra few million in the bank isnt much in the grand scheme of things, but we have seen what this management team can do with a limited budget.

How can you still think that was a possibility?

The best youth players did play. They got sold to the first offer and the money pinched by the spivs. The rest weren't good enough. Other youngsters weren't going to waste their career in the lower leagues of Scotland. All we were getting was journeymen pros looking for a payday.

However badly it ended up, Warburton done a job for us. We were a fucking laughing stock the previous season, on and off the pitch, failing to win the championship, getting pumped by Motherwell in the playoffs and at the mercy of the spivs. He came in, had us playing some lovely football which after years of hoofball under ally was such a relief for the fans. Also gave us our first victory over celtic since being relegated and that was a special moment for us all. Just a shame it all went tits up after that but he definitely played his part and set us on the right path.

That semi final will live with me forever. I watched it with my old man and father in law who has since passed. I remember in the week leading up to it telling them we were going to win and them telling me I was off my head

Mate, the trash who held the power at Ibrox at the time had absolutely no interest in building something special. All they were interested in was using Rangers to line their own pockets.

Not sure if I am correct but off the top of my head when all this first started Davis and edu ? I believe they are the only two we got a fee for. Sure a read somewhere they actual made sure we got one or am tell lies it seems so long ago.

so if it’s true those two because I believed it helped us at the time.
Did the sfa not steal the fee Rangers were supposed to receive for Davis?

Fraser Aird
Big Wes
Candeias
Barrie McKay
Gedion Zelalem :shh:
Wee Barries a good shout. For the stunner against celtic at least. Had a fantastic purple patch and was pushed out the club on the cheap.

He wasn't a Gerrard type player, but was an upgrade on what had been before him by some way. With that goal in the semi final we took a massive step on our journey. Our first time taking celtic out of the cup since the event. Got a massive money off of our backs and was done in some style it has to be said!

Back