Players you hated to see go

superallythe2nd

Albertz was the first one that came to mind. Was gutted.

Sad to see the 9IAR team break up obviously but Albertz leaving was really gut-wrenching.

Supermac1872

Official Ticketer
Carlos Cuellar - Was heartbreaking to learn he left especially when it was for O’Squeals Villa

Kevin Thomson to Boro too. Deep down I knew his knee was gubbed, but I loved him god damn it.

o7o

I was totally shattered when he left. All over a few £ a week. I never forgave the hierarchy for that.
He was offered £67 and he wanted £100. Probably the best player in Britain at the time maybe even Europe. A class above. Rangers fuckec up as they did with Jim Forrest a few years later. That all helped the nonces to niar!

Business_Bear

I was sad to see Kevin Thomson go, felt there were others we could have punted at the time instead. I think given his injury record Walter felt it was worth cashing in even though the fee wasn't great.

Hideyorii

After reading through 180 posts there's not one player mentioned leaving who didnt leave me gutted I hate to see players leave, even the kids. As for the few who've badmouthed us or jumped the dyke unless my piss was petrol they can all burn to death.

Jim Baxter was probably the one who affected me most.

bob1873

Nobody posted Ian Black or Kevin Kyle? Surprised at that! Or the Greek guy that was a full back.

Gordy411

Official Ticketer
I hated when Trevor Steven moved on and if memory serves we replaced him with dale gordon.

Disraeli

No departure has ever stuck in the craw for me as much as Numan.

Vice captain who played nearly every game in a treble winning season, has a handshake agreement on a deal with Bain who then refuses to honour the agreed terms.

We then replace him with Vanoli

GBOY

He was offered £67 and he wanted £100. Probably the best player in Britain at the time maybe even Europe. A class above. Rangers fuckec up as they did with Jim Forrest a few years later. That all helped the nonces to niar!
Seems our board through the generations never learn their lessons.
Then- not paying top dollar for a genuine world class player.
Now- not standing up for club and fans against the corrupt officials and governing body ‘running’ our game.

kblair2912

Barry Ferguson to Blackburn.

If he has went to a massive club I’d have been better but felt like he was far too good to be joining Blackburn.

Long time ago but it upset me when for the want of a paltry pay rise we let John Mclelland go. He'd held our defence and team together the season before he was shafted by the pre David Holmes board.