Players you hated to see go

Gazza is the only one I can remember being truly devastated at.

Massive year for us as well. I’m not saying had he stayed we would have got the ten but he would certainly have helped our chances.

The Great Dane going that summer also.

Most recently Jelavic leaving was sickening should have went for £10 million more than he did however the club clearly saw %^*& all of that money anyway

I’m sure my profile photo answers that! Also Tugay but I think that was because I was already emotional that day with Albertz going

Huistra, Gough (but he came back), Stevens (but he came back), Spackman, Jelavic, Van Bronkhurst, Arveladze, Ferguson (but he came back) and Laudrup.

Steven is probably the most underrated Rangers player of all time imo. What a player yet never gets a mention when we talk about great players to have played for the club.

Huistra leaving gutted me. He was a favourite of mine.

Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz obviously.

Davie Cooper leaving devastated me as a kid.

Was going to say this. Mind his last game when he scored a couple in a win over Falkirk. Always liked him.

Genuinely thought Kevin Thomson was prime to be a successful rangers captain. His style of play is what we are crying out for

Albertz was the first one that came to mind. Was gutted.

Sad to see the 9IAR team break up obviously but Albertz leaving was really gut-wrenching.

Carlos Cuellar - Was heartbreaking to learn he left especially when it was for O’Squeals Villa

Kevin Thomson to Boro too. Deep down I knew his knee was gubbed, but I loved him god damn it.

I was totally shattered when he left. All over a few £ a week. I never forgave the hierarchy for that.
He was offered £67 and he wanted £100. Probably the best player in Britain at the time maybe even Europe. A class above. Rangers fuckec up as they did with Jim Forrest a few years later. That all helped the nonces to niar!

I was sad to see Kevin Thomson go, felt there were others we could have punted at the time instead. I think given his injury record Walter felt it was worth cashing in even though the fee wasn't great.

After reading through 180 posts there's not one player mentioned leaving who didnt leave me gutted I hate to see players leave, even the kids. As for the few who've badmouthed us or jumped the dyke unless my piss was petrol they can all burn to death.

Jim Baxter was probably the one who affected me most.

Nobody posted Ian Black or Kevin Kyle? Surprised at that! Or the Greek guy that was a full back.

Was gutted when wee Lovenkrands left, he had come on to some game, scoring some big goals against that lot and in Europe

I hated when Trevor Steven moved on and if memory serves we replaced him with dale gordon.

No departure has ever stuck in the craw for me as much as Numan.

Vice captain who played nearly every game in a treble winning season, has a handshake agreement on a deal with Bain who then refuses to honour the agreed terms.

We then replace him with Vanoli

He was offered £67 and he wanted £100. Probably the best player in Britain at the time maybe even Europe. A class above. Rangers fuckec up as they did with Jim Forrest a few years later. That all helped the nonces to niar!
Seems our board through the generations never learn their lessons.
Then- not paying top dollar for a genuine world class player.
Now- not standing up for club and fans against the corrupt officials and governing body ‘running’ our game.

Barry Ferguson to Blackburn.

If he has went to a massive club I’d have been better but felt like he was far too good to be joining Blackburn.

Long time ago but it upset me when for the want of a paltry pay rise we let John Mclelland go. He'd held our defence and team together the season before he was shafted by the pre David Holmes board.

Back