Players you wish we kept for longer

Was thinking about this earlier today when my old man reminded me of Jeremy Clement. Thought he looked decent and left with Le Guen to join PSG after only being with us for 6 months.

Another one was Kenny Miller 2nd time round. Im sure he scored 22 goals by Jan in 2011. We ended up winning the league, but with Miller i think we would of won the treble

Lastly Alan Hutton. 9M great business at the time but he looked unplayable that season. Him in that Uefa cup final instead of Broadfoot please.

Any more?
Graham Roberts,Kevin Drinkell.

Agree with a lot of the names on this thread however Dangerous Duncan Ferguson's treatment by the SFA and legal beagles was a turning point for me in my dislike for them. Would have loved to have kept him

Jim Forrest, possibly the biggest mistake we've made in that respect.
Alfie Conn, he was superb for us and would have only improved
Baxter, truly world class who should have been paid his worth
Gordon Smith, superb first season but wasn't rated by Greig, a huge mistake selling him

So Van Vossen is one of the most talented forwards you have ever seen?

Are you a family member?:))
No mate. If you google him before we bought him and even after we let him go you would see how good he was, I think the Gers shirt and pressure to win every game together with that miss against the Dhims sort of done him in.

Back