playing with the handbrake on

Rangerscoverboy

Delighted with the start weve made to the season but i feel theres still more to come.

Hagi, Kent, Aribo, Morelos while all good are capable of much more. I think the gaffer alluded to that after the game.

Good time for the Bears at the moment.

Delighted with the start weve made to the season but i feel theres still more to come.

Hagi, Kent, Aribo, Morelos while all good are capable of much more. I think the gaffer alluded to that after the game.

Any links to the gaffer post match?

Everyone is still getting up to speed. Hopefully it all happens pretty soon. All the other teams are in the same position but hopefully the scum have had a bit of a set back regarding game time and are a wee bit behind the rest and have a few tough games after their 2 matches off.

When you break it down we won that game 3-0 in a 30min period
So yes lots to improve upon but players who came on clearly need game time and got some
And the manager not being happy is a good sign as there should always be room for improvement
Pick up our tempo and we have the makings of a really good team

I was thinking the same last night.
We don’t look like we’ve got out of 2nd gear yet.

I see this as a positive.

Said to my mate last night we haven’t got going yet and I’d happily take this with these scores untill the end of the season. Not one team has as much as landed a glove on us so far.
Can’t get my head round people being overly critical of it. Who cares if the game dies when we make 4 subs, we’re 3 up! The way I see it the fresher we keep guys the less chance of running out of steam later on in the season

There are plenty of positives to take so far and it was alway going to take tito get up to speed. Key is we haven’t slipped up. They have and they need to play catch up.

Hopefully by the time they are back playing we have stepped it up a gear again.

Kent and Aribo specifically will start to fulfil their expectations this year I would say and will be the main reasons we will push on from last year. Morelos is capable of playing for any team he likes on his day but we’re yet to get a full season and Hagi is the definition of potential but in my view will not be a starter as the season continues.

The ingredients are there and we are more than capable of a special season. It’s up to the team and how much they want it.

SG looked livid in his interview. First words out of his mouth was “poor” when describing the 2nd half.
I would have been Subway Loyalled right up.

I have no issues with how we're winning games at the moment, we are using the 5 sub rule to keep our big players fresh and also bedding in new signings. We are also playing in empty stadiums with no fans and this is after a rough 5 month lay off from competitive games, we are doing absolutely fine!

I know FF is very critical at times and we seem to highlight the negatives more than the positives but it seems this season we are complaining far more than normal. Is it because there's not much else to talk about? Do we now how standards akin to Real Madrid fans?

Almost feel some fans would moan if we only ground out results to potentially win the league...As if we need to win every game 7-0 whilst having 100% possession etc....

this certainly wasn't a moan. I think we're doing just fine, just encouraged at how comfortable we've been in these games whilst not being spectacular knowing fine that when all of our players are really firing, we will be spectacular.

Totally unhappy with the first half and the lack of corners which ruined my bet !

But seriously we won in a canter once we got in front, the opening goal was down to some real class by Borna and getting the 2nd and 3rd either side of half time, made the 2and half a stroll and obviously the subs did upset the rhythm of the team.

Were going to get games where we dont score early on or have the breathing space and these are the ones that will define our season.

Happy with another win but still not creating enough chances, must be frustrating for a striker to play in, too many pointless back or across field passes. The balance on the right side is also showing, we need someone who can go at the full back and get in behind to play balls back out to strikers. Defensively we have looked better.

I'll happily take these result with the handbrake on.

Some teams are getting an absolute scudding off us this season though.

Enjoying Gerrard's standards though, face tripping him about a 3-0 home win - shades of Walter Smith there.

Back